Small bug in lister mode ?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
samo79

Small bug in lister mode ?

Post by samo79 »

I think to have found another very small bug in AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2, sometimes the name of a folder will be hidden if a directory is showed in lister mode.

How to reproduce it step by step:

Say that you have a program in your dock and you want to reach its original folder directory, so:

1 - First be sure that the complete directories where your programs reside are setted and saved to be showed in lister mode only
2 - Now if you have one of this program on your AmiDock (if not, add a program on it to do this simple test)
3 - Now right click on the dock icon of the program you want (for example YAM) and choose from dock --> Reveal in Workbench
4 - Now you should have the YAM directory opened on your WB, if so then from your WB menu select: window --> Open parent
5 - This will open the previews main directory, now search your YAM folder

I have this result:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/listerbug.png/

As you can see from this grab the YAM folder have its name hidden, not a big problem for sure but still ... ;)
Last edited by samo79 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Small bug in lister mode ?

Post by broadblues »

I can't replicate this here. Does it only happen for you with YAM? or with other apps too?

If you havigate to the yam folder a different way does the name still appear hidden?

Might seem a silly question but what is your YAM directory called? ie what do yousee if you list it in the shell?
samo79

Post by samo79 »

broadblues wrote:I can't replicate this here. Does it only happen for you with YAM? or with other apps too?

If you havigate to the yam folder a different way does the name still appear hidden?

Might seem a silly question but what is your YAM directory called? ie what do yousee if you list it in the shell?
Hi Andy :)

Yes i can replicate the exact behaviour with every folders on my system so it's not a "YAM folder issue" for sure.

My YAM folder is normally named "YAM" as always so no problem at all with it if i browse this directory openin dir by dir from WB, check grab:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/yamc.png/

This bug seems to happen in lister mode only with the istructions i give in my first post, conversely if i open a folder in this way when directory are showed "as icons" all text under the folder continue to remain (normally) visible so there are no problem.

Did you use Update 3 for your test ?
Last edited by samo79 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Just forgot to add: from the first "buggish" grab i posted you can see the not only the name of the drawer are hidden but also the "Type" and the "Data" reference.

I think this is the evidence that it isn't a normal behaviour or a simple renamed folder issue.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

I tested on the latest beta rather than update3.

I see what you mean about the whole being missing, I didn't spot that.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

I've now replicated the bug and added it to bugzilla as bug #7135

Odd that it didn't occur for me yestreday.

You can also get it by opening the inital drawer via ARexx, then open the parent in the normal way.
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Ok thanks to add the ticket, hope to see it fixed soon ;)
TSK
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by TSK »

I don't remember this problem happening when I was using Radeon 9200. (But I can't be 100% sure.) But now I'm using Radeon 7000 and it happens from time to time.
Keep the party going !
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

I can report this problem happening on my Sam440, quite possibly since the first release of OS4.1, but I was never able to work out how to reproduce it.