Various smaller bugs

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby mrupp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm

abalaban wrote:Yes I totally agree, in fact I already reported this problem long time ago but I don't remember what I was answered. It's a bug not a feature because the behaviour is not consistant in all cases. I'm not in front of my machine right now but IIRC for example when you are at step 3 of mrupp explanation hitting the right arrow will recalculate the scrollbar (TO BE VERIFIED).

I can verify this one. Clicking one of the arrows or resizing the window even the slighties bit does recalculate the scrollbar. It's definitely a bug, because it indicates that there is some content where there actually isn't. Please file this bug as I assume it's no big thing to call the recalculation routine after this specific event.
Thanks for your support, trixie and abalaban...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out TAWS - The Amiga Workbench Simulation
http://www.taws.ch
User avatar
mrupp
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby trixie » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:02 pm

@abalaban
abalaban wrote:I already reported this problem long time ago but I don't remember what I was answered.

Yeah, things have really improved thanks to this forum.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
User avatar
trixie
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby mrupp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 am

nbache wrote:...but seems to miscalculate how far the window contents should be scrolled back. At least on the 3.1 A1200 I had available to try this on, the icons ended up slightly farther to the left than their original position after scrolling back by dragging the knob all the way to the left.

Hmm... I know what you mean and you can see this on my screenshots, too. But I think this behaviour is OK, because the empty space left of the word "DataTypes" doesn't count as content, so it scrolls back just where the "D" begins... It still behaves the same way as in OS3.x. This is correct, imho.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out TAWS - The Amiga Workbench Simulation
http://www.taws.ch
User avatar
mrupp
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby chris » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 pm

mrupp wrote:I am actually using a square pixel mode, usually 1920x1080.


That was kind of my point - it is a square pixel mode, but as far as AmigaOS is concerned, you're using a square monitor. Therefore the horizontal resolution is bigger than the vertical resolution, and the pixels are "tall" (as far as AmigaOS is concerned).

To compensate, drawing a circle on this mode would require more drawing - a larger diameter - in the horizontal direction than the vertical.

This is exactly what you are seeing - on the widescreen mode, AmigaOS thinks you are using something like hi-res on a 4:3 display. Because you are actually viewing in 16:9, the horizontal direction is (incorrectly) stretched.

The fix should be to support other aspect ratio displays in the DisplayInfo database.

If it can't be detected automatically, then adding a tooltype and a couple of options to the Monitors tab in Screenmode prefs would suffice, it just needs to be taken into consideration when creating DisplayInfo for each mode.

I'm not sure if this really is a colorwheel issue or not, because when calling the wheel from GUI / Effects / Button "Colour" on the right, it draws correctly, no matter what screenmode is currently set.


The one in that window doesn't have KeepAspect set, and appears square simply because of the shape of the area it is drawing into. If you drag the window out in one direction it distorts (I just tried it).
chris
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby ChrisH » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Shouldn't pixels ALWAYS be square these days? I thought the non-square pixel thing was just a Classic Amiga kludge to get higher resolutions without requiring interlace on TVs.
User avatar
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby mrupp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

chris wrote:This is exactly what you are seeing - on the widescreen mode, AmigaOS thinks you are using something like hi-res on a 4:3 display. Because you are actually viewing in 16:9, the horizontal direction is (incorrectly) stretched.

The fix should be to support other aspect ratio displays in the DisplayInfo database.

Alright, I can see your point. There's only one thing that I think is odd: The ScreenMode Test-Screen! Looking at that screen you would assume, that the OS knows excactly, if you're using a 4:3 or 16:9 monitor. There are circles on that picture and they are (at least here on my system) always perfectly rendered, no matter if I choose a 4:3 or a 16:9 mode...

How would you explain that? Maybe some OS developer could comment on this one, too, please! Does the OS know or does it not?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out TAWS - The Amiga Workbench Simulation
http://www.taws.ch
User avatar
mrupp
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby mrupp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 am

And while we're at it, here's another one that might be related to the screen mode proportions thing:
Using a 16:9 screenmode, the font-chooser-button appears to be stretched and doesn't respond to mouse clicks in the area, that shouldn't be visible anyway. Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean.
Can anybody reproduce this one?
Attachments
Font-Chooser-Button.png
Font-Chooser-Button.png (124.3 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
Last edited by mrupp on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out TAWS - The Amiga Workbench Simulation
http://www.taws.ch
User avatar
mrupp
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: St. Gallen, Switzerland

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby trixie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:36 pm

mrupp wrote:Using a 16:9 screenmode, the font-chooser-button appears to be stretched and doesn't respond to mouse clicks in the area, that that shouldn't be visible anyway. Here's a screeshot to show you what I mean.
Can anybody reproduce this one?

Yes, I can reproduce it in a 16:10 screenmode (1680x1050) too. But this is not limited to the getfont.gadget only - the gefile.gadget's popup button is also stretched out of proportion. As these are ReAction gadgets, I suggest contacting Rigo and asking him to look into it.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
User avatar
trixie
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Various smaller bugs

Postby Rigo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 pm

No need, I see everything :)

Simon
User avatar
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Previous

Return to General AmigaOS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron