Suggestion: Click Cursor Position in CLI

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Suggestion: Click Cursor Position in CLI

Post by tonyw »

Well, in the new console (which you guys will get a hold of as soon as you get the latest beta releases), you can click anywhere on the command line to move the cursor there.

Double-clicking to select a word is a bit difficult, because the console.device gets the double-click but the con-handler is the part that is selecting words. Perhaps I should combine the two into a single entity.
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

tonyw wrote:Well, in the new console (which you guys will get a hold of as soon as you get the latest beta releases), you can click anywhere on the command line to move the cursor there.
So can you confirm it will be availible for the public Update 3 ?
Pleeease ;)
tonyw wrote:Double-clicking to select a word is a bit difficult, because the console.device gets the double-click but the con-handler is the part that is selecting words. Perhaps I should combine the two into a single entity.
Yes would be pretty useful ! 8-)
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

tonyw wrote:Well, in the new console (which you guys will get a hold of as soon as you get the latest beta releases), you can click anywhere on the command line to move the cursor there.
I am glad to hear this, because I've gotten so used to it in KingCON that I had forgotten it (apparently) isn't standard in the original Amiga Shell, and was rather worried when someone suggested it's something you might look at adding.
Double-clicking to select a word is a bit difficult,
I think that just having "drag selection" (LMB depressed, move mouse, LMB released) should be sufficient. Please don't tell me this isn't available in the new CON? :(
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Click anywhere on the command line and the cursor moves there. Any existing highlighted (selected) area anywhere on the screen is de-selected.
Click and drag (anywhere on the screen) selects the text as you drag along it (as you would expect).

I've got an idea about double-clicking, I'll look into it. It might also let me implement some other functions which we've never had before.

I can't comment about the new console and release dates, that's a decision for others.
cheers
tony
trixie

Post by trixie »

Wohoooo, now that's a feature! Thank you very much!
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition