AmigaOS 4.1 on Apple Powerbook?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
wlamee

AmigaOS 4.1 on Apple Powerbook?

Post by wlamee »

Hello Hyperion,

Is there now - or will there sometime in the (near) future be - a possibility to run AmigaOS 4.1 on an Apple Powerbook?

Last year I bought a 2nd hand Powerbook (latest gen), hoping that MorphOS will some time in the future work on it (this was just after the Mac Mini release of MorphOS), and it looks like that will soon turn out to be a good bet.

For both MorphOS as well as AmigaOS it would be great to run them on that Powerbook, as it's a 1,67GHz PPC instead of my Pegasos II computers, which have to make do with 1 GHz (both have a maximum of 2GB of memory). GFX-wise it would also be nice, as the 17"-widescreen Apple has an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 spitting out 1680x1050 and a dual-link DVI plug for connecting more.

Thank you,

Wouter Lamee
Hans-Joerg Frieden
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: AmigaOS 4.1 on Apple Powerbook?

Post by Hans-Joerg Frieden »

wlamee wrote:Is there now - or will there sometime in the (near) future be - a possibility to run AmigaOS 4.1 on an Apple Powerbook?
I am sorry, but this is not a support question and therefore doesn't belong here. Any new hardware support will be announced by Hyperion in due time.
NOTICE: If you want to contact me, use E-Mail. I cannot be contacted via the forum/private messages anymore