Are extenal drves compatible with AmigaOS?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Are extenal drves compatible with AmigaOS?

Post by Rigo »

mechanic wrote: I just gave this a try with SFS/2 and have had no problem moving either large or many small files.
It is set for SFS02, 1024 Blocksize, 600 Buffers. It is a PATA drive on a USB adaptor.
I think you'll find it is documented that both SFS(2) and JXFS MUST use a blocksize of 512, anything else has undefined behaviour.

Simon
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Rigo wrote: I think you'll find it is documented that both SFS(2) and JXFS MUST use a blocksize of 512, anything else has undefined behaviour.

Simon
I usually use SFS00 (properly), but for this experiment everything is working just fine. I have also tried FAT32,
FAT12, and FFS with various blocksize and buffers. Some faster/better than others. Some........OOPS!
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Rigo wrote:I think you'll find it is documented that both SFS(2) and JXFS MUST use a blocksize of 512, anything else has undefined behaviour.
Then perhaps MediaToolbox should default to 512 not 1024? :-)
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Hypex wrote:I thought I had already mentioned the recently open sourced FUSE based NTFileSystem (from MOS) but somehow it was missed. Given it's by the author of ECX (and I presume written in E though I need to check that)
Nope, it is written in pure C, so any knowledgable OS4 dev should be able to adapt it to OS4.