console control codes in 4.1FE

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: console control codes in 4.1FE

Post by nbache »

xenic wrote:
nbache wrote:On my system (on a clean public 4.1. Final Edition) I can press Ctrl-J fine, it does the same as when I press Enter or Return.
That bug was reported back in September 2017 in the "AmigaOS Shell issue (FE Update 1)" topic and Tony said he fixed it. As a beta tester, it might work correctly for you.
Ah, yes, now I remember (this is the thread you refer to, right?).

But if you notice, the thread ends with Tony still having an issue with his fix attempt, so I believe it has never been completed. At least the bug is still outstanding - which also explains that it still works like I described above, not only in my public installation, but also in my beta installation (note that in the above statement I specifically mentioned a clean public 4.1 Final Edition).

Best regards,

Niels
Last edited by nbache on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Ah, yes, that is a real pain, that one. If you play with the old 68K version, it doesn't work properly either. You can't "up-arrow" to the previous command if it was a multiple, and the "history" is also wrong.

I'll spend some more time on it soon, but it's not trivial. The whole command history is involved, and that also means embedded escape sequences.
cheers
tony
lazi

Post by lazi »

bug, submitted as #9193.
tonyw wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:14 am Lazi's original bug has now been fixed. Still checking to make sure that I haven't screwed up something else.
Is it really considered fixed?
Checked with console.device 53.105 from 4.1 FE U2 and it is still behave differently than the original 3.1 implementation.
The last update messed up even typing after ESC character. I have to type [ letter 3 times after pressing ESC to display only one [ character.

The Control+J is working now. That is nice! Thanks for that!
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

It was fixed in 53.106, which unfortunately we had to keep out of Update 2 because of other problems which couldn't be fixed in time for the Update.

Best regards,

Niels
lazi

Post by lazi »

Ok. Thanks for the info!