Fonts in AmigaOS 4.1 FE

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Amigo1

Fonts in AmigaOS 4.1 FE

Post by Amigo1 »

I opened Fonts in Prefs Draqer recently and I noticed for almost every font installed there is a #?.otag entry. I can not use any of the fonts with the ending. I also installed a a few new TTF fonts, resulting only in a .otag entry.

The only few fonts without otag extension and working are the following:
Bitstream Vera Sans (the bold, oblique mono versions are .otag again)
courier
DejaVu
DejaVu Sans Mono
DejaVu Sans Oblique
diamond
emerald
fixed
fixedBold
FixedItic
garnet
Helvetica
opal
RAfallback
Ruby
Sapphire
Times
Topaz

So basically these are the only fonts I can use, if I install new ones, an otag appears on the font lister but the font is not recognized.

The system is uptodate but the same happens when
I boot from the AmigaOS4.1 FE CD
He kickstart modules are loaded from CD.

Amiga X1000, 4GB RAM

Can someone confirm this? Is it fixed in the beta?
ZeroG

Re: Fonts in AmigaOS 4.1 FE

Post by ZeroG »

Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

thanks, the search function did not bring up results when i searched for "fonts".

hope we will get the fix soon too.. after 4 months. Its a bit sad not being able to install and use different font faces.
with all the bugs and quirks AmigaOS seems more and more a toy.. grim reaper and subsequent unstable system, freezing, mouse and keybord not moving because the USB stack itself froze or another app froze so warm reboot shortcut is not available.. sorry a bit depressed.
tbreeden

Post by tbreeden »

So basically these are the only fonts I can use, if I install new ones, an otag appears on the font lister but the font is not recognized.
You may be still able to use the .otag fonts. Once you are in the Font Requester and choose one of the selections
that put "fontname.otag" into the input box, just delete the ".otag" part from it and hit the ENTER key before hitting ok.

I've had this work (always?).

Tom
jdupuis

Post by jdupuis »

tbreeden wrote:
You may be still able to use the .otag fonts. Once you are in the Font Requester and choose one of the selections
that put "fontname.otag" into the input box, just delete the ".otag" part from it and hit the ENTER key before hitting ok.

Tom
Yes Tom! Your work-around worked for me as well on every ".otag" font I tried. Just had to make sure I selected the size prior to deleting ".otag" and hit OK. Thank you! Cheers!!

John
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

tbreeden wrote:

Tom

Thanks, I tested it and it works.. Why didn't I think of it myself is beyond me..