DiskImage Device Newer than AOS4.1Upd1...

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Belxjander

DiskImage Device Newer than AOS4.1Upd1...

Post by Belxjander »

Has anyone else run into any version locking up the display where the mouse continues but intuition updates stop when the DiskImageGUI program is launched?

I recently tried this on 4.1FE and have had this as a long standing problem of my setup.

I did once before try to debug it however only the 4.1upd1 installation version is stable for me.

I also tried MediaToolbox with diskimage.device directly with the same results,
an immediate Intuition graphical lockup... also terminating mouse response after clicking...otherwise mouse movement remain unimpeded.

I'mnot certain as to what exact resources or why the lockups occur, only that it is consistent for my setup.

Does anyone else have this as an issue?
jaokim
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: DiskImage Device Newer than AOS4.1Upd1...

Post by jaokim »

Yes, I've experienced that. I think it's due to a corrupt gui.prefs file, if I'm not mistaken. There should be a thread on it somewhere here. The fix is to remove the faulty gui.prefs and re-create te settings. I think a simple re-save wasn't enough.
Belxjander

Post by Belxjander »

jaokim wrote:Yes, I've experienced that. I think it's due to a corrupt gui.prefs file, if I'm not mistaken. There should be a thread on it somewhere here. The fix is to remove the faulty gui.prefs and re-create te settings. I think a simple re-save wasn't enough.
I only have the gui.prefs from the old and new discs left to try...

Worst case is I'll revert the diskimage.device itself... as I have confirmed the lockup to occur inside the diskimage.device code directly...by accessing it from Media Toolbox directly and not the DiskImageGUI tool that comes with it.

I'm also going to strip it back and test one file at a time hand instalation from the new disk again.

I am going to guess I have missed a dependency that I need and the gui.prefs file is not directly related to this lockup.

(the other thread is the DiskImageGUI tool and not diskimage.device if I am reading it correctly?)
Srtest

Post by Srtest »

Got it also after switching themes and behold - if it is Amiga then the bug is weird:

In GUI preferences under Gadgets=>General>Background texture - if you don't have a texture (the default theme has one) and just use a solid color then DiskImageGUI crashes!