Freeze on ADF with text mode (issue resolved)

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Srtest

Freeze on ADF with text mode (issue resolved)

Post by Srtest »

If I open a drawer with lots of ADF files, as long as I keep it in icon mode everything is fine. When I switch to text mode and try to resize the drawer or move it around, the system freezes (OS4 X1000).
Last edited by Srtest on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Freeze on ADF with text mode

Post by broadblues »

How many is 'lots' and can you reproduce this with drawers contain "lots" of files of another type?
Srtest

Post by Srtest »

broadblues wrote:How many is 'lots' and can you reproduce this with drawers contain "lots" of files of another type?
No only ADF as far as I can tell as no other drawer with a similar number of files or bigger behaves that way. There are some delays perhaps from time to time when opening such a drawer but no freezes.

Lots of files means it is a collection. If you need a specific number then it is 1,287 and it happens only in text mode.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Strange that it only occurs for ADF, there should be no difference from file to another.

Do they have icons ?

Are you running any commodities? AutoInfo for example?

If you have serial cable can you capture a crashlog?
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Try creating another drawer and moving some of the files into it. Does it happen with only 10 files? 30? 100? 300? 1000?

I'd try it myself but I don't know what an ADF file is and I don't know where to get any.

What file system is the partition using?
cheers
tony
ZeroG

Post by ZeroG »

tonyw wrote: I'd try it myself but I don't know what an ADF file is
Diskimages of classic amiga floppy disks used for example in UAE.
Srtest

Post by Srtest »

Thanks, I figured it out. It occurred to me it may be related to some trouble I've been having lately with a corrupted monitor file when switching to an older CRT for gaming. There's a known guide for this and I followed it and created another monitor file for when I change monitors. It seemed to get corrupted lately (it worked for a long time) and the last issue I experienced was loosing the ability to warmboot when switching to said monitor file. This freeze doesn't happen with the original file I use for my LCD so I created yet again a new one from it and there was no freeze.