Graphical glitch in shell window

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Srtest

Re: Graphical glitch in shell window

Post by Srtest »

I am confused by this. Are you refering every overlapping window object or simply the issue of disturbed functionality?
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I don't think functionality is affected in this case. The effect is purely aesthetic. When the window is shrunk vertically, the scroller gadget overflows the right border and spills into the rectangular button containing the Zoom gadget.

Since the console is specifying the minimum size of the window, it could allow for the minimum space required by the scroller, but I don't know what that is and at the time that the height is specified, the window is not open.

I'm trying to get an answer from GUI developers.
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Scriptjester wrote:Is this problem is related to GUI pref or shell ?

Because there is a problem like this with the about window of MUI for long, and, if i remember well, it was said that was not a MUI problem but a AmigaOS GUI problem
Now fixed i think: http://muidev.de/changeset/5134
Srtest

Post by Srtest »

tonyw wrote:I don't think functionality is affected in this case. The effect is purely aesthetic. When the window is shrunk vertically, the scroller gadget overflows the right border and spills into the rectangular button containing the Zoom gadget.

Since the console is specifying the minimum size of the window, it could allow for the minimum space required by the scroller, but I don't know what that is and at the time that the height is specified, the window is not open.

I'm trying to get an answer from GUI developers.
When I had update 6 installed I was practicing mixing and matching themes, frames, button, etc etc and wound up with a "flawed" look that was really cool. To someone who doesn't know AOS, that could've appeared as a display bug because the right vertical bar didn't reach up to the top horizontal bar and top-right buttons as opposed to somehing like the slick perfect look of the Ubuntu gui which uses svg images. It reminded me of something very interesting I read about Paula, that it produced the sound everybody remembers precisely beacuse it had a design flaw that allowed usage not intended by its creator. I hope I can find screenshots of my previous AOS installation so you'll see what I'm talking about, that makes me prefer the AOS "crayon" look to an alternative perfect look and from an audio-visual perspective it is not a formula of exact variables. Of course I could be in a minority here that thinks maybe a glitch in the system is not so bad.
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Scriptjester »

samo79 wrote:
Scriptjester wrote:Is this problem is related to GUI pref or shell ?

Because there is a problem like this with the about window of MUI for long, and, if i remember well, it was said that was not a MUI problem but a AmigaOS GUI problem
Now fixed i think: http://muidev.de/changeset/5134
So it seems that my memory is not as good as i thought...
Maybe this solution for MUI by T. Boeckel could be a solution for this AmigaOS GUI problem.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I found the old BZ and I have "bumped" it.
cheers
tony
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Scriptjester wrote:Maybe this solution for MUI by T. Boeckel could be a solution for this AmigaOS GUI problem.
Probably not ..