ASyncWB bug

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
xenic

ASyncWB bug

Post by xenic »

If you drag-n-drop (Workbench copy) a program to another disk or partition that contains a directory (no dir icon) with the same name, the program icon is still copied to the destination disk even though the copy is cancelled in the ASyncWB error requester. Worse yet, it you then try to delete the copied icon with the "Icon/Delete" menu you can easily end up also deleting the directory.

To reproduce:
  • Open the Ram Disk: window and create a directory named "Find" in ram: using the Workbench "Menu/New drawer" with the "Icons" gadget unchecked in the "Create New Drawer" requester.

Open the SYS:System window and drag-n-drop (copy) the Find program to the ram: window.

Select "Cancel" in the resulting ASyncWB error requester.
You will have the Find icon in the ram: window.

In October 2013 I reported an ASyncWB bug in the topic "Serious bug in new ASyncWB" which has never been fixed. That bug was with reference to the fact that newly updated ASyncWB would no longer copy bare icons (icons with no associated program or project file). Ironically, the bug I'm reporting here actually creates a bare icon that could result in the deletion of a directory if you want to delete the icon.

Can someone reproduce the above bug and add it to the bugzilla?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: ASyncWB bug

Post by broadblues »

xenic wrote:If you drag-n-drop (Workbench copy) a program to another disk or partition that contains a directory (no dir icon) with the same name, the program icon is still copied to the destination disk even though the copy is cancelled in the ASyncWB error requester. Worse yet, it you then try to delete the copied icon with the "Icon/Delete" menu you can easily end up also deleting the directory.

To reproduce:
  • Open the Ram Disk: window and create a directory named "Find" in ram: using the Workbench "Menu/New drawer" with the "Icons" gadget unchecked in the "Create New Drawer" requester.

Open the SYS:System window and drag-n-drop (copy) the Find program to the ram: window.

Select "Cancel" in the resulting ASyncWB error requester.
You will have the Find icon in the ram: window.
I reproduced it by createing a file called T and roping that inot RAM, the T.info gets coppied, before the file fails and is not removed after the main copy fails.

Disabling AysncWB and the error is flagged earlier, so AsyncWB is inconsistant with workbench in this regard.

I'll BZ this.
In October 2013 I reported an ASyncWB bug in the topic "Serious bug in new ASyncWB" which has never been fixed. That bug was with reference to the fact that newly updated ASyncWB would no longer copy bare icons (icons with no associated program or project file).
That bug was fixed in version 53.16 FE: seems to have 53.15 which is unfortunate timing version control wise.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Raised as bug #9578
xenic

Post by xenic »

broadblues wrote:Raised as bug #9578
Thanks.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE