ARexx "not not" bug

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
xenic

Re: ARexx "not not" bug

Post by xenic »

ssolie wrote:Incorrect.
I stand corrected. Does that mean a future 'PPC native' version?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@xenic
I do not know how it correct or incorrect for now, but few years ago once i ask about adding arexx support to URLopen, i was told that arexx is depricated or something like that. Probably that discussion even on that forum somewhere, can't remember for now. If that changes since then, then probably author of URLopen can add arexx support as well..
xenic

Post by xenic »

kas1e wrote:@xenic
I do not know how it correct or incorrect for now, but few years ago once i ask about adding arexx support to URLopen, i was told that arexx is depricated or something like that. Probably that discussion even on that forum somewhere, can't remember for now. If that changes since then, then probably author of URLopen can add arexx support as well..
Yes, I remember many statements over a 10 year period in Amiga forums stating that ARexx would not be updated. Obviously those statements were wrong or the policy has changed.

As far as URLOpen goes, the main response to the addition of that command to OS4 was users finding ways to make it work like OpenURL. :-)
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

@xenic:
Obviously those statements were wrong or the policy has changed.
The policy has changed.
cheers
tony
polluks

Post by polluks »

kas1e wrote:@xenic
Well, you can have an ARexx port and use Lua, it's not language specific (quite contrary to what its name suggests).