SOLVED: Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste??

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
marko

SOLVED: Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste??

Post by marko »

Hi, since the beginning of my NG Amiga experience soon ten years now, I have been craiving for being able to copy and paste text
with Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste. These shortcuts I'm used to since my childhood when working in text editors for faster work pace.

Do anyone know how to set this up please? I have tried using FKey in some way, but with no luck...

PS: I know I can do this in MUI for its programs but what about for Reaction programs and the rest of the OS?

* Maybe there is some way in ARexx for copy/paste, so FKey can pass the job to the ARexx script?

* Make an AmigaOS feature request for the OS devs here in the other thread? ;)

* Something else...?
Last edited by marko on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmigaOS 4.1 FE on Sam440ep-flex @ 800MHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250
Still waiting (or dreaming) for The Amiga revolution...
m4rko.com/AMIGA
daveyw

Re: Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste??

Post by daveyw »

I don't use FKey, I use AllKeys instead, but I was able to map the required keys.

Control Insert to RAmiga C
Shift Insert to RAmiga V

(All Keys differentiates between LShift and RShift, so I guess if you want to be "ambidextrous", you'd need to map both of them).
marko

Re: Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste??

Post by marko »

daveyw wrote:I don't use FKey, I use AllKeys instead, but I was able to map the required keys.
I just tested AllKeys and it works perfectly, awesome!! You just solved my long time itching head deck, thank you :D
AmigaOS 4.1 FE on Sam440ep-flex @ 800MHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250
Still waiting (or dreaming) for The Amiga revolution...
m4rko.com/AMIGA
daveyw

Re: SOLVED: Ctrl+Insert for copy and Shift+Insert for paste?

Post by daveyw »

Glad to help! I've just been enjoying your screenshots on AmigaWorld, so we're even. :D

I thoroughly recommend AllKeys. It allows you to map all of your keys, even multimedia keys, and extra buttons on mice. I have a five-button mouse; button 4 is mapped to cycle between screens.

So, if your keyboard has an "email" button, you can map that to run YAM, or a web button, it can run your browser, etc. If you've got one of those gaming mice with 20 buttons :o you can assign a function to all of them. It's very powerful.

I found the GUI very difficult to use initially, and my first configs were done by directly editing the config file, so it's good you got the hang of it.