no way back

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
djg

no way back

Post by djg »

Shouldn't commands like NetShutDown and Reboot do nothing when called with a question mark with nothing entered?
I think a command that will do something as drastic as rebooting should at least ask if you are sure, or otherwise be called with something like Reboot FORCE or Reboot RIGHTNOW.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: no way back

Post by salass00 »

For "Reboot ?" at least you can stop it from rebooting by pressing CTRL-C before RETURN.
djg

Post by djg »

salass00 wrote:For "Reboot ?" at least you can stop it from rebooting by pressing CTRL-C before RETURN.
Did not think of that. Thanks.
xenic

Post by xenic »

salass00 wrote:For "Reboot ?" at least you can stop it from rebooting by pressing CTRL-C before RETURN.
Wouldn't it be better to submit a bug report requesting that reboot put up a requester unless a FORCE option is used (as suggested by djg).

In addition, I think that all the non-standard commands in SYS:C need to be updated with ReadArgs and templates so that all commands respond to "?" as expected on an Amiga.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

xenic wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to submit a bug report requesting that reboot put up a requester unless a FORCE option is used (as suggested by djg).

In addition, I think that all the non-standard commands in SYS:C need to be updated with ReadArgs and templates so that all commands respond to "?" as expected on an Amiga.
After more than a year, maybe a few, I recently played around with an A1200. I had forgotten how modern OS3.9 feels like, for it's age, and I was quite impressed. But after a couple of hours, I had to copy some files from the A1X1k to the CF card and without any doubt OS4.1FEu1 feels so much more advanced, snappy and polished. It really feels like home, a souped up home. All the devs did a good job improving the OS quite a lot.

But there sure are some, for lack of a better word, incomprehensible inconsistencies. This is one these, and quite annoying. :?

I fully share your opinion. :| :!: