CatWeasel MK2 anniversary support ?

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Lio

CatWeasel MK2 anniversary support ?

Post by Lio »

Hi All,
As I mentionned in another thread, I have a Catweasel MK2 anniversary edition and was wondering if it is supported under AOS4.1.
I would assume YES since X-1000 owners can put a CW MK2 in their monster.

Mine was connected to the clockport of the XSurf3 but not recognized. I then connected it to the clockport of my ZorroIV and the cable started to burn :o
Although the red wire was correct, a quick view on the CW manual said that the number 1 on the clockport of the ZorroIV is by no mean the 1 for the red wire :evil:

I now have another cable and connected it to the ZorroIV and no burning :lol:

I then installed the driver but the loading of the system hangs with the multidisk.device and TD1 and TH1 in DEVS:DOSdrivers folder. I put the multidisk.device in the black list but still the boot process hangs...
so anyone has any idea whether this board is supported and what is the installation process ?
Raziel

Re: CatWeasel MK2 anniversary support ?

Post by Raziel »

Lio wrote:Hi All,
As I mentionned in another thread, I have a Catweasel MK2 anniversary edition and was wondering if it is supported under AOS4.1.
I would assume YES since X-1000 owners can put a CW MK2 in their monster.
If you have the catweasel software installed, you can see from the Prefs program that comes with it, that it is supported.
Catweasel type: Catweasel Mk2 or Anniversary Edition "requires CatweaselMk2.library"
Mine was connected to the clockport of the XSurf3 but not recognized. I then connected it to the clockport of my ZorroIV and the cable started to burn :o
Although the red wire was correct, a quick view on the CW manual said that the number 1 on the clockport of the ZorroIV is by no mean the 1 for the red wire :evil:
Ouch...
I now have another cable and connected it to the ZorroIV and no burning :lol:
No wonder, i guess...
I then installed the driver but the loading of the system hangs with the multidisk.device and TD1 and TH1 in DEVS:DOSdrivers folder. I put the multidisk.device in the black list but still the boot process hangs...

so anyone has any idea whether this board is supported and what is the installation process ?
Err...to be perfectly honest...i think you fried your Catweasel...

The cable "burning" (whatever that means? I guess it started fuming?) does only mean that that the weakest spot fried while the rest of the card weren't as far.
Still, like you describe it the card might be toast.

I'm surprised you didn't blow your board...

Anyway, if you are still brave enough to keep that card in your amiga you can try to move everything that starts the catweasel out of DosDrivers and into Storage.

Then after you booted Workbench, grab a simple DF0: mount file and double-click (you do have the floppy drive connected properly, haven't you?).
If it still crash, there is a good chance the board is scrap metal
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

All Individual Computers porducts are reversed to normal products.
Dont ask why but Jens decided that other end of clock port is pin 1.
I would agree, you have proberly cooked your CW, hence its not smoking anymore.

Just hope people don't do this to the prisma cards.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
Lio

Post by Lio »

Thanks both for your replies.

I must be lucky then since under AOS3.9 the device still works !
I was trying to locate the MK2.library you mentionned but it does not exist either in Ian package and nor in Jens package...
is it on the card itself like a ROM ?
Lio

Post by Lio »

UPDATE : I can confirm that the CW MK2 anniversary edition is working on AOS4.1 on my A1200PPC.

The board is connected to the clockport of the Elbox ZorroIV and I am using the latest official 68k drivers from Individual computers.
It works if you dont tick "enhanced error correction" in the multidisk prefs.
No need to put multidisk.device and mfm.device in the compatibility list (blacklist)
It is also more stable if you dont put the corresponding dosdrivers (td1 for instance) in DEVS: for rather in Storage and mount them manually (if activated at boot time, it generates a GR with no way to pass beyond)
It is also behaving correctly when a disk is inserted/ejected (icon appears/disappears), not like my original df0 !!!
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Hmm, i don't know if it is possible to catch the serial debug output on the classic from your mount crash...but if you should be able to, please save and send it to Ian Gledhill so he could maybe fix that crash...
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Lio

Post by Lio »

serial debug should work, according to http://www.hd-zone.com/2011/05/how-to-s ... 1-classic/

but I dont see how Ian Gledhill could help... I asked him at first and he said his work for the CW on the X-1000 was commissioned by AmigaKit, and that the catweaselmk2.library is not free. He was in the opinion that the 68k drivers should work (and he was right, at least partially) !).
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Lio wrote:serial debug should work, according to http://www.hd-zone.com/2011/05/how-to-s ... 1-classic/

but I dont see how Ian Gledhill could help... I asked him at first and he said his work for the CW on the X-1000 was commissioned by AmigaKit, and that the catweaselmk2.library is not free. He was in the opinion that the 68k drivers should work (and he was right, at least partially) !).
He can help if the crash happens inside the driver, because iirc he still develops it...but i think i misunderstand you there
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg