Radeon from elbox

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
tommysammy

Re: Radeon from elbox

Post by tommysammy »

DarrenHD wrote:
tommysammy wrote:@Hans-Jörg
How did i come into the bootloader command line?
You can enable serial debug output by following my instructions here:

http://www.hd-zone.com/2011/05/how-to-s ... 1-classic/

Basically you edit your s:startup-sequence and add some commands to the C:Bootloader line.

Like:

C:Bootloader COMMANDLINE="DEBUGLEVEL=7 SERIAL BAUDRATE=57600"

You connect a serial cable from your Amiga to another computer and capture the serial output on that computer using a terminal program set to 57600 8-N-1 in this example. You will start to see serial output after the AmigaOS 4.1 kernel loads and the Amiga resets and starts to load AmigaOS 4.1 Classic.

Darren
I have here only my A1200PPC and a serial cable.I must wait for the X1000
At this moment i can`t test it :(
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
MichaelMerkel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by MichaelMerkel »

tommysammy wrote: I have here only my A1200PPC and a serial cable.I must wait for the X1000
At this moment i can`t test it :(
you could also try the DumpDebugBuffer command instead of the serial cable...
just open a shell and type "DumpDebugBuffer xyz:outputfile" to save it. it may contain the output.

regards...
michael
Michael Merkel :lol:
(Member of Amiga Freunde Pfalz)
Rotzloeffel

Post by Rotzloeffel »

MichaelMerkel wrote: you could also try the DumpDebugBuffer command instead of the serial cable...
just open a shell and type "DumpDebugBuffer xyz:outputfile" to save it. it may contain the output.

regards...
michael
Hi michael,

this is not possible, because the System crashes while displaying the scrab Bootscreen. There is no way to open a shell!

regards from the Black Forest Germany

Harald
MichaelMerkel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by MichaelMerkel »

Rotzloeffel wrote:
MichaelMerkel wrote: you could also try the DumpDebugBuffer command instead of the serial cable...

regards...
michael
Hi michael,

this is not possible, because the System crashes while displaying the scrab Bootscreen. There is no way to open a shell!
i have not seen that it crashes. but the debug buffer survives a reboot!
for example i have this as first statement in my user-startup:

Code: Select all

; Save the current debug buffer
Run >NIL: C:DumpDebugBuffer >NIL: Buffer:LastDebugBufferDump.txt CLEAR
so i have a very current debugbuffer dump after each reboot on my harddisk - and also the buffer is cleared afterwards.

regards...
michael
Michael Merkel :lol:
(Member of Amiga Freunde Pfalz)
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

I've decided.I'll try nothing.I will buy me a Radeon 9250 with 128MB.
I am not a Os4.1 Classic betatester.
If somebody want buy my Radeon with 256MB from elbox give me please decision
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
Hanzu

Post by Hanzu »

I have Radeon 9250 256MB from Elbox with 2 things that puzzle me:

1) If this card is plugged in to Mediator PCI2 when booting with 4.1 Classic CD picture will come out of its VGA connector to Dell UltraSharp I2711 27" Monitor with PremierColor http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... redirect=1 and at the same moment picture signal from both 23pin video connector and Indivision AGA MK 2 DVI turns full white. Is this normal behaviour and is there a way to use all 3 video outputs together after 4.1 is fully installed?

2) My Radeon 9250 came bundled with Mediator so I assume Elbox tested it, but there is no signal from DVI to above mentined monitor even though Indivision AGA MK 2 gives signal and picture when using same DVI cable and same monitor. There is a NTSC PAL jumper header without any jumpers. Would I dare to set jumper to PAL position or is this also because I have not yet done a full install of 4.1 but just ran it from CD instead?
A4000cr Rev D+CSPPC 233/66MHz 060+16MB 50ns+128MB 60ns+Plextor SCSI-3 CDRW+Adaptec SCSI to SATA adapter+OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 90GB+Mediator 4000 MK II+Radeon 9250 256MB +RTL8029+Terratec TTSOLO1-SL VER1.2+ZorRAM 256MB+DF0:-DF3:+Catweasel MK2 Anniversary+Indivision AGA MK II+OS3.9 & OS 4.1. RTL8139D & Terratec TT801-QD for OS3.9 only
Calgor
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Calgor »

@ Hanzu

Welcome to the Hyperion forum!

I have a Radeon 256MB also bought from Elbox, but they do go through different hardware versions of that card so all models are not alike (and therefore potentially may not exhibit the same results). From memory I think the DVI output of my Radeon card was working but would need to confirm that it actually works with the latest updates. (And also single link DVI will not carry 1920x1200 default AmigaOS screenmode due to extra bandwidth whereas VGA will, in case you are using that screenmode).

I believe that to be able to output a picture from both the Radeon and your indivision AGA at the same time, you would need to have 2 screens open - one with a screenmode for your Radeon gfx card (which I am guessing could be your workbench screen), and another screen open in a native AGA or ECS/OCS screenmode which can then display on your indivision's output. You can try using an application that can select the screenmode to open its screen on and set that to an AGA screenmode.

For the PicassoIV trouble it seems you might be having from your signature, there is a Z3 address space problem (i.e. not enough of it available) when you have Mediator 512MB window (for 256MB radeon) + Zorram + Picasso IV all installed. For this to work you either need to use a 128MB Radeon and set Mediator window size to 256MB, remove the ZorRAM, or set PicassoIV to use Zorro2 mode via its jumper. Here is an old thread explaining the problem in my A4000T: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... f=15&t=172
Amiga 4000T: CSPPC 604e@233/060@50 146MB RAM/CVPPC/Mediator/Radeon 256MB/Realtek 8029AS/TerraTec Solo1-N/Picasso IV (Paloma Pablo Concierto)/Deneb/ZorRAM 256MB/Indivision AGA MKII/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u4/OS3.9BB2
AmigaONE X1000: Nemo 2.1 PA6T-1682M@1.8 2GB RAM/Radeon HD 4770 512MB/Catweasel MK4+/Audigy 2 ZS/Realtek 8139D/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u5
Hanzu

Post by Hanzu »

Calgor wrote:@ Hanzu

Welcome to the Hyperion forum!
Thank you. Feeling welcome already. :)

I need to see if 4.1 full install with latest updates will make any difference than running 4.1 from CD when it comes to having DVI output instead VGA output.

Same goes with having Radeon and Indivision to output something that makes sense simultaneously instead of full white screen in the latter one.

Thanks for bringing my Picasso IV trouble up. I will continue that subject it the thread you linked.
A4000cr Rev D+CSPPC 233/66MHz 060+16MB 50ns+128MB 60ns+Plextor SCSI-3 CDRW+Adaptec SCSI to SATA adapter+OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 90GB+Mediator 4000 MK II+Radeon 9250 256MB +RTL8029+Terratec TTSOLO1-SL VER1.2+ZorRAM 256MB+DF0:-DF3:+Catweasel MK2 Anniversary+Indivision AGA MK II+OS3.9 & OS 4.1. RTL8139D & Terratec TT801-QD for OS3.9 only