PCI Card Position

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
danbeaver

Re: PCI Card Position

Post by danbeaver »

Hi! Glad to hear you are back from overseas.

Although I had a CD/DVD-RW I've never written anything using it. For backups I have put a (now very inexpensive) 36GB 10K SCA 80-pin on my SCSI and, backed up every thing; it is now stored safely. I also have a CF card with a complete bootable 4.1 on it. I'll check out my burner in the meantime.

I look forward to testing out the new update.

Take Care!
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

lozspd4 wrote:But have noticed that format cdrw Program can,t find my Sata DVD to format or delete the DVD/RW but Ami DVD works perfect with it,making backups of my sys disk without a Problem, or do i have to give the device type and unit number in, as there are no configs for this program, so i have to use bill gates to wipe the dvd clean before i make a backup so os4.1classic is still not 100% independent.:(
As far as I remember, FormatCDRW is only for formatting in the Mount Rainier formats, where you can write/delete single files on demand like on a hard disk. These are not compatible with other OSs.

But you should be able to use AmiDVD to erase your RW disc before reusing it as a (rewritable) DVD-R, i.e. "burning" the whole contents to it in one go (or more if you use multi-session or whatever it's called).

Best regards,

Niels
lozspd4

Post by lozspd4 »

nbache wrote:
lozspd4 wrote:But have noticed that format cdrw Program can,t find my Sata DVD to format or delete the DVD/RW but Ami DVD works perfect with it,making backups of my sys disk without a Problem, or do i have to give the device type and unit number in, as there are no configs for this program, so i have to use bill gates to wipe the dvd clean before i make a backup so os4.1classic is still not 100% independent.:(
As far as I remember, FormatCDRW is only for formatting in the Mount Rainier formats, where you can write/delete single files on demand like on a hard disk. These are not compatible with other OSs.

But you should be able to use AmiDVD to erase your RW disc before reusing it as a (rewritable) DVD-R, i.e. "burning" the whole contents to it in one go (or more if you use multi-session or whatever it's called).

Best regards,

Niels
Many Thanks for the Speedy Answers.
Thanks Niels for the info ref format cd/rw, Didn,t know that,and AmiDVD doesn,t show the erase button when i insert a Used dvd to erase,don,t think this has been immplemented at the momment.
Just that i make a backup before i install anything new,just to be on the safe side as the system is really stable at the moment.

Thanks also Dan for you input always welcome.

Well managed to get a Fastata MKIII on Ebay and sata to ide adapter for the ssd should be hear at the end of the week i hope,will try and see if i can tickle a bit more speed out of the System,then Hopefully thats the last upgrade,i will need.Works really well.

Just revamped 12years back and gave Freespace a good beating. Then worked on my work reports using AMIWRITER PPc sent to the UK Via YAM,Hopefully their Virus Blocker doesn,t go into Red Alert,And i get the CIA Knocking on the Door LOL:)).

Again Many Thanks for your Help all.
Laurence