Can not write RDB to disk - error message in Media Toolbox

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Calgor
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Can not write RDB to disk - error message in Media Toolb

Post by Calgor »

Thanks, so you did; seems like there are some situations where Media Toolbox cannot correct a problem (or different setup) with the RDB and OS3.1 HDToolBox can somehow "reset" the RDB. I didn't see any obvious problems with your earlier screenshots.

Good luck with the other suggestions for your final drive. Could you perhaps dump the entire RDB of your still non-working drive using a program off aminet?
Here are a couple of example programs:
http://aminet.net/disk/misc/2b_RDBArc18.lha
http://aminet.net/disk/misc/Rigids.lha - can backup from block 0 to end of RDB, in case RDB is does not start at standard block 0.

Might in future help to uncover why Media Toolbox cannot install RDB to this drive, just in case it is RDB related. If it is too much bother to backup your existing RDB don't worry about it.
Amiga 4000T: CSPPC 604e@233/060@50 146MB RAM/CVPPC/Mediator/Radeon 256MB/Realtek 8029AS/TerraTec Solo1-N/Picasso IV (Paloma Pablo Concierto)/Deneb/ZorRAM 256MB/Indivision AGA MKII/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u4/OS3.9BB2
AmigaONE X1000: Nemo 2.1 PA6T-1682M@1.8 2GB RAM/Radeon HD 4770 512MB/Catweasel MK4+/Audigy 2 ZS/Realtek 8139D/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u5
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

I tried several of the options mentioned in the previous posts and "salvaged" some of the problematic drives in my "collection;" two former Macintosh 9GB quantum Viking II drives held onto their name of, "door stops," and refused to respond to any SCSI commends. One IBM/FUJI drive had a short in it and bought the farm along with the 2 ex-Macs and s Seagate that made a funny noise. That left five working drives out of the nine original pains in the arse. Three are 15k 36GB and two are U160 in the 9 & 18GB range. All five underwent killrdb and OS 3.1 formatting before being reformatted (properly) in OS 4.1

"She turned me into a Newt!" ...."it got better..."
Amigafan

Post by Amigafan »

Good news.
After using KillRDB the problem described in the first post disappeared.
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

Had to use "Killrdb" on 2 out of 4 Maxtor HDDs to be able to install them on my A4000T; I'm glad there is a way to get a handle on some of these drives