How do I get a Toccata sound card to work??

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

How do I get a Toccata sound card to work??

Post by JohnFante »

I haave a Toccata sound card in my A4000.

I have copied toccata.audio to DEVS/AHI. I have copied TOCCATA to DEVS/AudioModes and I have copied toccata.library (v12) to LIBS:

The card shows up fine in AHI but and I can play a test sound fine. However there is no systemsouds and AmigaAMP is silent also (plays but no sound).

Any suggestions?
X5000 :-)
Tomcat

Re: How do I get a Toccata sound card to work??

Post by Tomcat »

All AHI-Units set to Toccata?
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

System sounds go out of Paula and bypass AHI; there is a kludge by the author of AHI, Martin Blom (? Spelling) called something like, Nalle Puhe? (Winnie the Pooh)That forces sounds through AHI, but it may not work in 4.1.

I have a SB128 and run Paula output through the SB128 input so I always get system sounds. Are you using AmigaAmp 2 or 3? They are different beasts with AA 2 being more versatile. Otherwise your setup should work. Try another song player in the meantime. But check the different decoding engines in AmigaAmp, some didn't work for me in OS 4.1.

As an aside, AmigaAmp2 supports the MAS player in 4.1 and for crisp high notes turn off the audio filter
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by JohnFante »

Tomcat wrote:All AHI-Units set to Toccata?
Had only set the music-unit. All set to Toccatta steroe ++ and now it works fine.

Thank you!
X5000 :-)