OWB gives screen corruption on Radeon + Mediator 4000Di

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

OWB gives screen corruption on Radeon + Mediator 4000Di

Post by JohnFante »

I have a A4000 with CSPPC and Mediator MK2Di.

In the Mediator is:

Radeon 9200 - 256MB (bought with the Mediator from Elbox)
Network (Realtek RTL 8029AS)
Empty
SB128

Besides that I have a CVPPC installed on the CSPPC for OS3.9 gaming.

The system is running fine (on the Radeon) but I sometime get massive screen corruption when I use OWB (latest version) and only OWB.

First it comes as small vertikal pink lines (couple of CM's long) in the OWB window when I move it. The lines disappear when I load a new webpage. But often after a while the whole screen corrupts (everything kind of blurs) and I have to reset to get a functioning system back.

The problems only comes when I use no 3D effects and transparent windows. When I use 3D effects the problems is not there. At least I have not noticed.

I have also another similar issue. When I for instance what to extraact a lha file and Unarc asks where It should unpack the file to I get small horizontal lines en the left of my screen. Just a couple of whites ones and they disappear at once. The same lines appear when I use the sliders on large webpages.

I am not sure if this is a hardware problem or software related. I did not have that kind of problems when I was running on the CVPPC and used my Adriana network card. Hope someone can help.

I have attached a couple of debugbufferdumps I made after it corrupted the screen.
Attachments
Errordump.zip
Two dumps after the error came
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
Last edited by JohnFante on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X5000 :-)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OWB gives screen corruption

Post by nbache »

Which version of OS4 are you using? 4.1 with the latest update 6 installed?

If you do, you should have been offered an update to ATIRadeon.chip very recently. Is that update installed?

Also, when you say OWB latest version, do you mean the Reaction OWB, i.e. version 3.32, or do you mean MUI-OWB (which is only released in one version so far, 1.9)?

Best regards,

Niels
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by JohnFante »

I am running 4.1 update 6 and all recent updates including ATIRadeon.chip. I tried to rollback that specifik update to see if that made the difference but the result was the same.

I am running Reaction OWB (version 3.32). Installed version 3.31 via the CD and then replaced that version with the latest.
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by JohnFante »

Just wanted to add that I am aware that I am not using the recommended PCI card order from the FAQ,

The reason is that my network card collides with the Mediator PCI bridgecard. The capacitators are to tall and it wont fit in the buttom slot.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

JohnFante wrote:I am running 4.1 update 6 and all recent updates including ATIRadeon.chip. I tried to rollback that specifik update to see if that made the difference but the result was the same.
Okay, just wanted to rule that out, as I remember there were some similar problems with earlier versions of some of the modules recently updated (although I don't remember exactly which ones).
I am running Reaction OWB (version 3.32). Installed version 3.31 via the CD and then replaced that version with the latest.
I haven't been running Reaction OWB for quite a while, as I'm happily using MUI-OWB instead. But back when i did, I remember having concluded that 3.32 had some problems, so I reverted back to 3.31 which worked nicely. But as far as I remember, the problems were not related to graphic glitches, so ... Anyway, worth a try, maybe?

Best regards,

Niels
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

JohnFante wrote:Just wanted to add that I am aware that I am not using the recommended PCI card order from the FAQ,

The reason is that my network card collides with the Mediator PCI bridgecard. The capacitators are to tall and it wont fit in the buttom slot.
I don't know much about the various PCI solutions, my only classic OS4 machine is an A1200 with BPPC and BVision.

Let's hope some of the A4k experts chime in.

Best regards,

Niels
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by JohnFante »

I have tried the MUI version of OWB but I get the same problem :-( (the MUI version is way better than the REACTION version thou).

I have taken a picture of the screen corruption and made a dumpdebugbuffer

They are here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/139090/Error%20MUI-OWB.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/139090/mui-owb.zip

And I do not have this problem in 3.9. There the Radeon works without any issues.

Hope someone can help.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

JohnFante wrote:And I do not have this problem in 3.9. There the Radeon works without any issues.

Hope someone can help.
Maybe you should rename the thread so it includes the words Radeon and Mediator. It might attract the attention of the people with the required knowledge.

Best regards,

Niels
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by JohnFante »

Good advice. Will do. :-)
Calgor
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OWB gives screen corruption on Radeon + Mediator 4000Di

Post by Calgor »

Surprised no one has looked at this. You will have to give me a few days. Look at my sig for my setup, I also have CVPPC and Radeon but in Mediator A4000T. I have not noticed such a problem before. But I do remember there could previously be potential for problems when using multiple screens (i.e. Mediator and CVPPC). PM me in 3 days time if no answer.
Amiga 4000T: CSPPC 604e@233/060@50 146MB RAM/CVPPC/Mediator/Radeon 256MB/Realtek 8029AS/TerraTec Solo1-N/Picasso IV (Paloma Pablo Concierto)/Deneb/ZorRAM 256MB/Indivision AGA MKII/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u4/OS3.9BB2
AmigaONE X1000: Nemo 2.1 PA6T-1682M@1.8 2GB RAM/Radeon HD 4770 512MB/Catweasel MK4+/Audigy 2 ZS/Realtek 8139D/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u5