Running Shogo on A1200 PPC

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
softwarefailure

Running Shogo on A1200 PPC

Post by softwarefailure »

(This should really be in the Shogo forum but I cannot post there)

Could somebody tell me how to get Shogo running on my A1200 PPC? The A1200 is equipped with a Blizzard PPC 240mhz, SCSI, 68060 and a BVision PPC. Latest Warp3D and WarpOS are installed. Shogo runs fine when using the software renderer but it crashes when using the hardware renderer. Note that intro and menu screens work fine using the hardware renderer but the game crashes after it has finished loading the first level, i.e. when the game has loaded the level and says "press a key to continue" and once I press the key, the following error appears:

Defiant
Program failed (error #80000004).
Wait for disk activity to finish.

And CyberGuard is also reporting a WORD-READ from $FED70972 by "Defiant".

Anybody ever had this error before? What could I try to get Shogo working with hardware acceleration?
danbeaver

Re: Running Shogo on A1200 PPC

Post by danbeaver »

A crash when switching to hardware but not under software render means the drivers don't support your video hardware.
softwarefailure

But the hardware renderer is working while in menu mode. The menu animation is much smoother with the hardware renderer than with the software one! And I'm not on any exotic video hardware but just a stock BVision PPC which should really be supported by the hardware renderer, shouldn't it?
ddni

Post by ddni »

Overheating or under powered on 5v?
softwarefailure

Seems to have been related to CyberGuard. Once I remove CyberGuard from the User-Startup it's working fine. Issue solved.