Some notes on 4.1FE

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Some notes on 4.1FE

Post by salass00 »

develin wrote: I can't see any evidence of any old as new archive on the download section here ?
Do I need some special access to such area ?
They are under "AmigaOS 4.1 Contributions" but you probably need to have an AmigaOS 4.1 registration in order to see them.
develin

Post by develin »

salass00 wrote:
develin wrote: I can't see any evidence of any old as new archive on the download section here ?
Do I need some special access to such area ?
They are under "AmigaOS 4.1 Contributions" but you probably need to have an AmigaOS 4.1 registration in order to see them.
I registered my 4.1FE which had a code on the inner sleave, is that not enough?
The stuff I see is following :

nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

@develin

Looks like you're not logged in.

When you log in, the downloads menu gets longer and includes among others the contributions entry.

Best regards,

Niels
develin

Post by develin »

nbache wrote:@develin

Looks like you're not logged in.

When you log in, the downloads menu gets longer and includes among others the contributions entry.
Very strange, I got the verification mail from the admins and I am logged in for sure :

salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

develin wrote: I registered my 4.1FE which had a code on the inner sleave, is that not enough?
The stuff I see is following :

Probably the "AmigaOS 4.1 Contributions" only show up if you have a non-FE AmigaOS 4.1 registration.

BTW I just e-mailed Steven Solie about the missing source code archives so hopefully it will be fixed soon.
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

Yes, they are there under Downloads for a regular OS4.1 registration (I am still waiting for my Final Edition discs for both the Classic and X1000 from Amigakit ordered on 20-DEC-2015).
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

develin wrote:Very strange, I got the verification mail from the admins and I am logged in for sure :

Right, then it must be as Fredrik suggests that they have only been linked to the "old" 4.1. registrations. Guess someone needs to set it up so also new customers can get to the Contributions.

I have both the old and the new ones, and I do see that link.

Best regards,

Niels
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Hello!
I have the same problem like develin. I have the OS 4.1 FE, registered it, got the E-Mail and i cannot see the Update-Files. I already sent an E-Mail to the webmaster, but until now nothing happened.
Best regards
Black_Fox
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

Black_Fox wrote:Hello!
I have the same problem like develin. I have the OS 4.1 FE, registered it, got the E-Mail and i cannot see the Update-Files. I already sent an E-Mail to the webmaster, but until now nothing happened.
But there haven't been any updates for AmigaOS 4.1 FE yet AFAIK.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Hello,
then i should see the Boot-Floppy.adf file for installation on A3000. It is NOT there! Where can i download it from?
I can only see the 4 directories which guests of the forum can see - nothing else. nbache wrote that this is not right, there are files missing in the list, and yes i am logged in.
So i think that if one registered only os 4.1 FE but not ther earlier os 4.1, you can not see (download) from the os 4.1 directory.
(sorry for my bad english)

Best regards
Black_Fox