Delfina Lite and Spider.device on 4.1 FE

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Rotzloeffel

Re: Delfina Lite and Spider.device on 4.1 FE

Post by Rotzloeffel »

tonyw wrote: The Mediator is the same: the "DMA" support in the Classic Amigas was a hardware hack that won't work with a PPC CPU. The manufacturers said years ago that they would do a Mediator support for OS4 "when OS4 was finished". Nine years later and they still haven't done anything.
I am a little bit confused about that... you can use 68k PCI-Device from Elbox and all your cards including the spider USB and Soudblaster are working with OS4.1...... you have to use pci.device V10
I wrote a how-to in German...... here: http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35427 you can use google translator.... check it out.... it works... and YES, it is fast enough (for me) ;)
jdupuis

Re: Delfina Lite and Spider.device on 4.1 FE

Post by jdupuis »

reflex79 wrote:
tonyw wrote:
The coders have to find a solution to make it work properly
So don't blame us. Your hardware is twenty years old and not supported by the manufacturer any more. I suggest that you buy something more modern, like a Sam, then you can buy an off-the-shelf high performance audio card like a Terratec. If you buy an X-1000, you even get HD Audio built in at no extra cost.
this is REALLY unfair indeed, if my hardware is too old why do you develop the software? why there is someone selling it?
If someone sells amigaOS 4.1 FE for classic may it's because it's still profitable, I read somewhere that AmigaOS 4.1 for classics is the best selling version, isn't that true?
I read that you are developing G-rex driver and supporting it even without documentation, why G-rex and not Delfina?

I appreciate your work, if not i wouldn't have bought and registered AmigaOS 4.1 but I want to tell you what is good and what is not and both the things (delfina and spider) are not good, isn't possible to use another USB board on mediator and make it supported by AmigaOS 4.1?
It is truly fair to say that, without OEM Source Codes, drivers cannot be developed in AOS4.1 FE for Classic Amigas on some, not all, obsolete boards. Comparatively speaking, my A3000 with A3640 is what it is. I purchased an NG Amiga to avoid your issue and outlandish bloated ebay bidding for Classic Amiga hardware such as the sought after Cyberstorm PPC. The Developers have done a lot with what there is left to work with. Classic Amiga is 30 years old, a lot has happened in it's unexpected life-span. <insert Guiness Book World Record here> Cheers!!
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE