Instaling - final Edition on A4000T

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Rotzloeffel

Instaling - final Edition on A4000T

Post by Rotzloeffel »

Hi Folks...I have a crazy issue....

I have a A4000T with HD and CD-Rom connected on the internal IDE Port

When I try to install OS 4.1 FE the system allways crashes when starting the installation utility. When I boot to Workbench I can start the Installation Utility and Install the System with a little luck (crashes mostly!)

When I disconect the IDE Drives and use CVPP-SCSI only, install works fine!

I put the EXACTLY same Config (changing all cards and drives) into A4000D... No Problem at all :shock:

Is there a known issue with the A4000 IDE scsi.device ?? Ih have no further idea :roll:
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Instaling - final Edition on A4000T

Post by DarrenHD »

Rotzloeffel wrote:Hi Folks...I have a crazy issue....

I have a A4000T with HD and CD-Rom connected on the internal IDE Port

When I try to install OS 4.1 FE the system allways crashes when starting the installation utility. When I boot to Workbench I can start the Installation Utility and Install the System with a little luck (crashes mostly!)

When I disconect the IDE Drives and use CVPP-SCSI only, install works fine!

I put the EXACTLY same Config (changing all cards and drives) into A4000D... No Problem at all :shock:

Is there a known issue with the A4000 IDE scsi.device ?? Ih have no further idea :roll:
Not that I am aware of. I have an A4000T with an IDE hard drive and IDE CDROM, and a CS PPC with SCSI hard disk. I have not had that issue. Not sure what to say unfortunately. If you are somehow able to get a serial log and turn on debug that may help, but I don't think the installation CD uses the debug kernel.

If you have a burnt ISO you can try re-burning the ISO using a different program. I've had some trouble with bad burns that appeared to be ok. The installation utility would suddenly just exit before it was finished. Microsoft's built in ISO (disk image burner) does work. Power ISO tends to give bad burns and I avoid it.

Darren
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!