hello and thanks for advise and useful hints!
maybe I was not clear on my postings:
by "tweaking" the sended configs, I meant, I adapted the right "paths" in the settings, which is necessary for Win UAE to find the roms.
I even did a new config and compared every litlle setting with the ones you folks are sending/suggesting.
I am not using any blizzard roms, but a cyberstorm for ppc needs. this rom works 100% with 4.1FE, the pink screen occures only after updating.
So I assume, this rom file does it´s job and there must be something fishy with my 4.1FE install.
Regarding WinUAE: I tried a 3.x public beta version before, then I DL the latest (3.4 AFAIR), then switched back to 3.3, because headkase suggested this!
I know a little bit, regarding computers and stuff - for about 30 years now. But this one issue is the only one, that seems to be hard to solve (for me).
Really, I usually solved every problem I encountered or at least I have no hard time in understanding, where the problem is!
But in this case - wow, I got no idea. I can not do more than provide a working config and install that update to 4.1, right?
I mean, even by chance I should have already get a working config somehow, without follwing any guides, becasue I tried like 100 different settings
So I assume, my 4.1FE install must be broken somehow and if the update finishes (without any hints to errors or issues) the problem
with my 4.1 install shows up.
This leaves me with only one more option: a new install of 4.1FE, which I wanted to avoid - because I was thinking, there must be only "one little switch"
wrong in my config - and after finding it, I do not have to re-install everything from scratch. But it turns out, to be the only option left, now.
maybe I wait for your new guide to be finished, so I can follow it 100% and be sure to make no mistakes!