FastATA1200 : which revision is supported ?

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Lio

FastATA1200 : which revision is supported ?

Post by Lio »

Dear all,

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand FastATA A1200 MK2 so that I can enjoy AOS4.1FE on my A1200PPC. I read here and there that not all revisions are working so I would be happy to get an official statement regarding the revision(s) that are actually supported and working (and the one to avoid).

The official classic guide from Darren website just list the MK3 as working.

Thank you.
RussellB

Re: FastATA1200 : which revision is supported ?

Post by RussellB »

I have the MK2 and you need to use the 68k drivers from Elbox to get it to recognise devices under OS4.
Lio

Post by Lio »

thanks a lot, thats a crucial information that is difficult to find...
kreciu

Post by kreciu »

RussellB wrote:I have the MK2 and you need to use the 68k drivers from Elbox to get it to recognise devices under OS4.
Where you able to install OS4.1? I have FastATA that is listed as supported and I can't even install OS4.1 :(.
RussellB

Post by RussellB »

Yes, I do have OS4.1FE running on my 1200. To beable to install the OS you will need to connect your harddrive to your primary master and your CD/DVD drive to your primary slave as the secondary connector will not work while installing the OS. Then you can use the boot floppy and the CD should be recognised.

After you have installed the OS then you can move the CD/DVD drive back to the secondary connector if your setup is like that.