3.1.4 frame rate issue (fixed)

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
mia

3.1.4 frame rate issue (fixed)

Post by mia »

I use WinUAE and have been trying 3.1.4 with AMOS Professional

Yes, the AMOS program hogs the system and it is supposed to as it's a real-time audio thing - I use the vertical blank to drive the audio, and using the AMOS Gosub swapping feature I update the screen alot and do processing in the background etc. It'#s been working great for a year or so, but this technique causes glitches in 3.1.4, when I do lots of graphics, for example zooming in out and sliding through a waveform while the audio swapping is going on the system behaves really slow, with glitches, when stopping moving the waveform it returns to smooth audio. The AMOS works at the cpu register level swapping for the gosubs and is usually very fast, I can't work out if this is the problem or if it is A/V related.

wheras on 3.1 it is perfectly smooth and seamless.

I am unable to test on real hardware and don't know if it's a WinUAE issue, or if anyone else has experienced this with legacy software, or if there is something I could do to AMOS Professional to support something new going on in AmigaOS? It's a bit of a mystery at the moment - any ideas?
mia

Re: 3.1.4 frame rate issue

Post by mia »

There is no frame rate issue - very sorry my mistake, I was trying make a video of the behaviour and found out a blitter setting config change I made in winuae caused the problem. I posted because I was worried that the updated kickstart had caused the problem as my software is completely sensitive to the motherboard timing for total AV Sync, I'm glad to say that I was wrong and this is not the case and I'm now even more super happy with the 3.1.4 update, and it's obviously in the right hands. Thank you hyperion.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: 3.1.4 frame rate issue

Post by tonyw »

Please edit the title of your thread to say "Fixed" or similar.
cheers
tony