Solved: Can not get my RTL8029AS to work

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
spud

Re: Solved: Can not get my RTL8029AS to work

Post by spud »

Oh well, no response here. Luckily I got everything working with a different rtl8029as card. This card has default values for DeviceID and VendorID. So either I still didn't do that setenv thing the right way after all these different ways I tried it or the setenv simply doesn't work anymore for rtl8029 cards in AOS4.1 FE.
kreciu

Post by kreciu »

I think I will have to do the same...since I have exactly the same issue. Two Realtek LAN cards and they don't work.

I just want to add that I got one of those LAN cards from Amigakit as os4.1 compatible - apparently its not.

Im using latest Os4.1 Final Edition version released, it looks like this issue was not solved...
kreciu

Post by kreciu »

I can't find rtl8139.device. There is only rtl8129.device? How can I use my network card with AmigaOS4.1? What happened to rtl8139.device?
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

kreciu wrote:I can't find rtl8139.device. There is only rtl8129.device? How can I use my network card with AmigaOS4.1? What happened to rtl8139.device?
You can not use rtl8139.device with a mediator since it requires dma and the mediator does not offer that (without that uggly gfx-ram dma elbox uses in their driver)
So i guess they stripped out the rth8139.device from the classic iso to prevent people from trying to use it or forgot to add it if any of the other pci sollutions for the amigaclassic offers the required functionality.

You'r options if this is for an A1200 with only PCI is to get a supported pci-nic or some pcmcia based one and install the 68k driver.
I had a spare x-surf lying around so i went on with that and ditched the 8139 card.
It might also be possible but officially unsuported to install elbox pci.library and their drivers, i have read about people in the past who used their drivers.
kreciu

Post by kreciu »

I see. It would be nice to also delete documentation form AmigaOS4.1 classic since it written there about RTL8039 :). I think I'm going to give up on AmigaOS4.1 on Classic due to many other "issues". AOS4.1 for classics fell like... beta version. It is almost there, almost everything works... ALMOST ;).
kreciu

Post by kreciu »

So, I got my rtl8029 and software to create new internet connection will freeze at 54%...