Installed but now only have insert floppy animation

A forum for AmigaOne XE and MicroA1-C specific issues.
themamboman

Re: Installed but now only have insert floppy animation

Post by themamboman »

I'm going to tear down the machine, build back up with just a DVD drive, maybe a different harddrive and put them on separate headers both as master and only have the AGP card and a single RAM SIMM.

I'll then do a factory reset of the UBOOT parameters and go through the setup guide very carefully and see if I can get it working using AmigaOS4.0 final CD. Maybe it will work better this way.

Thanks again for all the help and support.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Also make sure that MTB is loaded after a HD change. It needs to write the last HD into the RDB or the drive wil disappear just like on a real Amiga. :-)

Anotther thing, no errors about DRQ from UBoot? I have a Pioneer DVD drive that gives that error and I have to turn interruptrs off for that unit. I am using DMA so your setup would differ.

You should be fine if using PIO defaults. Though needing to set drive type for units shouldn't need to be done. If OS4 can't determine drive type by itself and rejects it fully then something is up IMHO. There is UBoot loading in a "Safe" mode, then after that AmigaDOS takes over, which may be more strict.

At this point, also do a cable check. Master and slave set on drive. (BTW some CD drives expect to be slave.) Regardless of DMA setup 80-wire UDMA cable would be recommended AFAIK. With cable plugs to correct points for motherboard and drives.
Last edited by Hypex on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
themamboman

Post by themamboman »

So the solution was rather more simple than the drives and boot settings.

Copying the screenmode.prefs from the CD and overwriting the one on the harddrive, then putting the radeon 9000 (and it's info file) into storage, then copying the radeon and info file from the CD to DEVS:Monitor seemed to at least let it boot up like the CD.

Then, I used Picasso96Mode to add more resolutions. Unfortunately, everything beyond 1024x768 would only work if interlacing was turned on, but the image quality suffered. I know the monitor could do non-interlaced. Turning it off halved the refresh rate, so I played with the pixel clock to make it better, but it didn't show anything.

Oh well, partial victory, 1024x768 on a 24" monitor isn't too bad. At least it is working now. If I can find a solution to the interlaced issue, all will be perfect.

Thanks all for the help! Amigans are the coolest!
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Using Picasso96Mode is more technical than should be needed. What I would do, and what should work, is editing the tooltypes in the Radeon monitor icon. Look up what your monitor supports. Scan ranges and vertical refresh rates. And then plug these vales into the tooltypes. There should be a WB doc explaining the tooltypes as well. That used to be the easiest way. Alternatively, locate a Radeon file on the CD, which matches your monitor size (say one of the larger ones) and try using that. There should be several Radeon files on the CD supporting different montor sizes.