Cant enter UBOOT with PS2 kb

A forum for AmigaOne XE and MicroA1-C specific issues.
zChris

Cant enter UBOOT with PS2 kb

Post by zChris »

As the topic says i cant enter Uboot with an PS2 keyboard i have to plug in a USB keyboard. I want to disable the USB ports on my MicroA1 but im afraid that if i do that i wont be able to enter Uboot later on if i want to.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Cant enter UBOOT with PS2 kb

Post by Hypex »

By default it should be PS/2. You could perform a factory reset from UBoot but then you don't know if the PS/2 keyboard will work. Try this in UBoot console:
setenv stdin ps2kbd

Then see if keyboard works. Of course have it plugged in before you switch on. If it works you can do a saveenv.

If it doesn't check the lights flash when you switch on and confirm it as known working.
amigaonefan

Re: Cant enter UBOOT with PS2 kb

Post by amigaonefan »

Only one of the USB headers works at bootup with uboot on the AmigaOne. I had this same problem, and I had set the correct uboot variable for USBKBD. You need to plug into the "other" usb port to have uboot recognize your USB device at bootup.
For example, on my microA1, if I use a USB mouse plugged into the rear connector, uboot does not see my key presses. If I plug the same keyboard into my front port, uboot DOES see my keypresses.