Some working USB2 cards

A forum for AmigaOne XE and MicroA1-C specific issues.
Evillord68
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Some working USB2 cards

Post by Evillord68 »

K-L wrote:This card combining 5 USB 2 ports (NEC), 1 internal SATA 1 port and 1 external SATA port (Sil3512) works flawlessly in my AmigaOne XE.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to find and it seems that it's a French product only since I couldn't find any English resellers selling it.

But if you can find one, you'll save a PCI port in your AmigaOne :-)
Really nice card. Thanks for the tip. ;)
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

K-L wrote:This card combining 5 USB 2 ports (NEC), 1 internal SATA 1 port and 1 external SATA port (Sil3512) works flawlessly in my AmigaOne XE.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to find and it seems that it's a French product only since I couldn't find any English resellers selling it.

But if you can find one, you'll save a PCI port in your AmigaOne :-)
This card looks very like this Koutech model...

http://www.amazon.com/Koutech-7-Port-Hi ... B0065Q413K

I bought one at Newegg 3 or 4 months ago. It 'sort of' works in my Micro meaning only USB 1.1 (the micro freezes when EHCI is enabled in Kicklayout) and I can't cold boot from a Sata drive (first level boot loader needs to be on the IDE drive?). It may work in an A1 though.
K-L

Post by K-L »

It's indeed the same card (named Dexlan in Europe and Koutech in North America).
--
AmigaONE X1000 / Radeon 2400 Pro (R610LE) / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Samm440ep/733Mhs (o/c) / Radeon M9 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
amigaonefan

Post by amigaonefan »

So...as of OS4.1 update 5, has anyone gotten USB 2.0 to work with ANY PCI based card on an AmigaOne Micro A1?
What I would like to do is replace my SIL0680IDE card with a combo card that features not only SIL0680 but USB2.0 based on the Via 6214L chip as well.
Would that work with the OS4.1 software in update 5? Also, if I got a card like the Koutek USB 2.0 card with SATA on board, would the SATA interface work with an AmigaOne micro?

Please let me know!

Thanks
K-L

Post by K-L »

I tried the combo card I mentionned (Koutech) in a MicroAone (Corto's one) and it did not work :-(
--
AmigaONE X1000 / Radeon 2400 Pro (R610LE) / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Samm440ep/733Mhs (o/c) / Radeon M9 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
amigaonefan

Post by amigaonefan »

So the Koutek usb/SATA card did not work in a micro A1. Did it lock up the machine, or did the USB work at all with the kicklayout EHCI module commented out? Did the SATA work at all? Did you try turning off the ethernet driver as suggested in one of these threads?
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

@amigeonefan

I have a Koutech combo card installed in my micro. Appears to be the same one referenced here. USB and SATA both work although there some caveats - you need to disable EHCI in Kicklayout and you can't boot from the SSD. With EHCI enabled, I could never get it to load WorkBench. It would always freeze during boot-up. As far as SATA is concerned, an IDE drive is still required in the system during early boot-up that has the Kickstart directory. Overall, seems to work ok but I haven't used it a great deal lately.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Has anyone with a Micro and USB2 card collected any debug logs when booting? I think it would be a good idea to hook up the null modem cable and see what modules are crashing upon bootup. Even better with a debug kernel.
satiropan

Post by satiropan »

my working USB 2.0 card on my AmigaOne g3-se, has a NEC chip, D720101F1.
does any of you know of usb to ethernet adapter which has inside the ADM8511 chip? (the only usb to ethernet driver in devs/network is for that specific chip)
Satiropan
PPA1200 (Poor Portable Amiga 1200): BPPC-160MB,
BVision-CGX4, HD 10GB, slim DVD R/W, Asus VW161D
display, 3COM Lan PC card, OS4.1FE
AmigaOne G3-SE 600MHz, 1GB, Radeon 9200 128DDR,
CS4281 sound card, RTL8029, SiI3114, OS 4.1.6 & OS4.1FE
http://www.oldfab.webs.com
amigaonefan

Post by amigaonefan »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a combo USB2 / SATA card that uses the sii3114 chip. I would like to boot Amiga OS4.1 from a SATA drive, and have working USB 2.0 in my micro A1. I currently have UBOOT 1.1.1...and am not sure if there are any further versions of UBOOT that work in the micro A1. I also want to be able to boot linux from the SATA drive as ell (i.e. I just want one hard drive and one DVD rom in my AmigaOne).
Does anything like this exist?