System is freezing

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: System is freezing

Post by ChrisH »

Joeled wrote:
Which version of avcodec.library are you using?
The beta one.
OK, since you have seemingly excluded most other possibilities, I suggest trying the NON-beta one. Sorry to be a pain.
Now i have tried two different harddisks, two different graphiccards 4650 and 6750 and a new memory module. I still have freezing issues.
Wow, that is a lot of tests. Have you tried it withOUT a RadeonHD card? I still wonder if you PSU is not supplying enough power for the card.

You might even have a dodgy PSU... but that should be fixed by who-ever supplied your Amiga. If you still have problems with the non-beta library & without a RadeonHD card, then I am inclinded to say that you should send your Amiga back for repair/replacement.
Spectre660 started a new thread about similiar problem.
Sam460ex Freezes when copy large files between partitions
To be honest, DOpus4 has often had stability issues, usually due to bugs in DOpus4. I would avoid it. Try using "Filer" instead:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function= ... /filer.lha
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

OK, since you have seemingly excluded most other possibilities, I suggest trying the NON-beta one. Sorry to be a pain.
I will try that one too.
Wow, that is a lot of tests. Have you tried it withOUT a RadeonHD card? I still wonder if you PSU is not supplying enough power for the card.
No i havent. But right now i m trying without sii3512 sata-card, I m using the internal sata and one harddisk. So far so good. Will continue to do some tests and add them to spectres thread.
I still wonder if you PSU is not supplying enough power for the card.
I asked Acube the same thing and alot of more questions. Waiting for answers. Maybe reflash uboot again?
You might even have a dodgy PSU... but that should be fixed by who-ever supplied your Amiga. If you still have problems with the non-beta library & without a RadeonHD card, then I am inclinded to say that you should send your Amiga back for repair/replacement.
Yes, i want to do some more tests and wait for Acube to answer. Its really annoying but my computer feels more stable without sii3512 card. No crash so far but only playing around with 2gb on different partitions etc.
To be honest, DOpus4 has often had stability issues, usually due to bugs in DOpus4. I would avoid it. Try using "Filer" instead:
Didnt like filer but right now everything feels fine. Will start videoloop in an hour.

OT but runinuae works great now :D
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

@joeled
No hurry, but I was wondering if you had made any progress?
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

I hope that Joeled will give a proper update himself, but just in case he doesn't, I thought I should mention that his freezing problems have apparently been fixed by his Amiga supplier replacing the motherboard.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

Yes, my problem is solved. GGSdata did alot of testing but after a while he decided to replace the motherboard. I still have the same hardware except the motherboard and everything is fine. I did a 15 hours videolooping test without any problem. I let Quake2 be up and running for 10 hours and no freezing. I m very happy now and i guess i just had some bad luck to get a faulty motherboard.

I also would like to apologize to Hyperion and all people here at the forum about jump to conclusions too quickly. Sorry for that! Thanks to all people who tried to help me! I appreciate it!
K-L

Post by K-L »

I've had some regula freezes with my Sam440ep system, whe surfing the web with heavy page.

At fistt I thought about the overcloking (it's overclocked at 733 Mhz thanks to HyperClock). I also thought that it was heat (but there is a fan and coolers are..er... cool anyway.

I even thought of the Sam440_Setup (wich never gave me any trouble by the way).

At last, I found that my USB joypad was using too much energy. Since I unplugged it, I did not get any more freeze. I should change PSU, IMHO.

So I can tell that my Sam440ep overclocked at 733 mhz (122/122) and using Sam440_Setup is rock stable ith Update 5 :-)
--
AmigaONE X1000 / Radeon 2400 Pro (R610LE) / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Samm440ep/733Mhs (o/c) / Radeon M9 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition