How to optimize ENVVARS on SAM460ex Lite?

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: How to optimize ENVVARS on SAM460ex Lite?

Post by nbache »

fingus wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Try the Nvsetvar s4sii_maxbus=1.
It works on my Sam440ep-flex.
This is working, thanks!
Strange. I don't have a flex, but only a regular 440ep. And on that the sii3114ide.device is used for the builtin SATA ports, so that's different.

But I guess the s4sii stuff is something special for the flex? I would certainly have expected sii3114... to be for the SiI3114 PCI card, while the s4sii... would be for the builtin controller, but maybe it's not that simple.
I typed it inside AmigaOS-Shell not Uboot. It seems this "=" thing just work with Shell but not Uboot.
Yes, of course you should use Shell. The nvsetvar command is an AmigaOS command which lives in C:. The equivalent from an UBoot prompt would have been something like "setenv s4sii_maxbus 1" (or "setenv sii3114ide_maxbus 1"), followed by "saveenv".

Best regards,

Niels
Spectre660

Re: How to optimize ENVVARS on SAM460ex Lite?

Post by Spectre660 »

I tend to record my Uboot settings from time to time and on checking I have had it set since 2011. It may have been a default setting or introduced in a Uboot update.
I have had it in my mind as the correct setting even though it is not in the sii3114 documentation.
Should work for any Sam machine with a SII3114 controller. It was given as the correct option by mx3 in an Amigans.net thread in 2012.

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/v ... t_id=71196
nbache wrote:
fingus wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Try the Nvsetvar s4sii_maxbus=1.
It works on my Sam440ep-flex.
This is working, thanks!
Strange. I don't have a flex, but only a regular 440ep. And on that the sii3114ide.device is used for the builtin SATA ports, so that's different.

But I guess the s4sii stuff is something special for the flex? I would certainly have expected sii3114... to be for the SiI3114 PCI card, while the s4sii... would be for the builtin controller, but maybe it's not that simple.
I typed it inside AmigaOS-Shell not Uboot. It seems this "=" thing just work with Shell but not Uboot.
Yes, of course you should use Shell. The nvsetvar command is an AmigaOS command which lives in C:. The equivalent from an UBoot prompt would have been something like "setenv s4sii_maxbus 1" (or "setenv sii3114ide_maxbus 1"), followed by "saveenv".

Best regards,

Niels
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card