ASL requester with DVplayer = Freeze

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Mrodfr

ASL requester with DVplayer = Freeze

Post by Mrodfr »

Hello,

Problem with the ASL requester and DVplayer.

- I download some movies on Internet site. Movies datas are located on, example: SYS:download.

- The download continue and I load DVplayer for watching the first downloaded movie available.

- I launch DVplayer.

- I use the open requester button (for choosing the first allready downloaded movie - Others continue to be downloaded at the same time).

- Here often the problem came.

- ASL requester appeared and start to construct the ASL window by itself but failed, and the amiga freeze.

When the amiga is freezed, the state of the ASL requester is that most of the gadget buttons or windows border are present (but not all) and nothing written (no fonts or file listing present on the ASL window).

OK, the problem is allways with DVplayer but maybe the problem came when the others downloaded movies files came and are listed at the same time ASL window just try to open by itself.

Bye.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: ASL requester with DVplayer = Freeze

Post by nbache »

If you could catch a serial log of this freeze, I'm sure it would increase the chances of nailing the issue vastly.

Best regards,

Niels
Mrodfr

Re: ASL requester with DVplayer = Freeze

Post by Mrodfr »

Hello,

Yes, I have received some days ago a serial null modem cable that could be linked with my A1200. ;-)

I have also some informations to how debug with this method (on an old amigaworld forum) but I just take the time to try and to post additionnal question in case I failed somewhere.

BTW, this freeze will be easily reproducable here because I could arrive to see it one time per day (if I download movies each days of course).

Maybe I will open a thread somewhere on this forum in the futur just to collect all the informations about debugging AOS4 with a serial Null modem cable.