Sound Problems on New AmigaOne 500 [See ACube for fix]

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
HKvalhe

Re: Sound Problems on New AmigaOne 500 [See ACube for fix]

Post by HKvalhe »

Based on my own experience with the AmigaOne 500 i bought from GGSData in Sweden end of July 2012, i have NEVER had any problem with the SM502 audio.

Still, it's possible that i get even better, "cleaner" audio with this alternative version of the latest driver, even that i haven't noticed any problem with my SM502 audio.
For some of us not having this crackling problem, it's possible that this alternative version of the driver makes the SM502 onboard audio NEARLY perfect!

I will try the alternative driver, and i'm sure i would be surprised by the audio quality of it. Worth checking out :) I thanks ACube for the hard work they have done investigating the situation. :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

HKvalhe wrote:Based on my own experience with the AmigaOne 500 i bought from GGSData in Sweden end of July 2012, i have NEVER had any problem with the SM502 audio.
If you read the news release, the problem only affected a few boards. Don't do anything unless you have one of the few brand new boards and confirm that you have the problem.

If there is a driver update it will be made available via AmiUpdate as per usual.
ExecSG Team Lead
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

ssolie wrote:
HKvalhe wrote:Based on my own experience with the AmigaOne 500 i bought from GGSData in Sweden end of July 2012, i have NEVER had any problem with the SM502 audio.
If you read the news release, the problem only affected a few boards. Don't do anything unless you have one of the few brand new boards and confirm that you have the problem.

If there is a driver update it will be made available via AmiUpdate as per usual.
Oh i see. Well, okay. I was confused by that, so i guess i don't need this alternative driver anyway. Thank you for letting me know. :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
lozspd4

Post by lozspd4 »

ssolie wrote:

Thanks ssolie and Acube sound problem sorted and is Working Perfect now.

Regards Laurence
Aslak3

Re: Sound Problems on New AmigaOne 500

Post by Aslak3 »

Aslak3 wrote:After trying various drivers made by Max at Acube, we still could not get satisfactory sound. I've personally come the conclusion that this is a hardware problem, not fixable in software, and that the only solution to working sound on a *new* (made since about last Summer) SAM460 is a compatible addon sound card.

Sad but, I fear, true. Read the various threads on AW.net for more info.
Seems I was right after all. :D Haven't checked my board yet (solved the problem with a EMU10K, which probably sounds better anyway), but if I was a betting man I'd bet it's missing a resistor.

Glad the mystery has finally been solved.
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by javierdlr »

Hi just "fixed" my SAM460 sound problem with this trick http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/arti ... 6694#89419 and worked great, now sound is clear, no hiss on background.
:-)
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Sound Problems on New AmigaOne 500

Post by ssolie »

Aslak3 wrote:Seems I was right after all...
"...and that the only solution to working sound on a *new* (made since about last Summer) SAM460 is a compatible addon sound card."

This is why I kept insisting that we get to the root cause and not speculate. An add on sound card is not required. Also, according to ACube, the problem only occurred on a handful of boards and not every board since last Summer.
ExecSG Team Lead