ppc programs problem with powerpc.library

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
lozspd4

ppc programs problem with powerpc.library

Post by lozspd4 »

Hi All
As posted before i have just got a new AmigaOne 500, and am now installing it, i have os4.1 till updates 6 installed then installed some ppc programs like WO2097, Amigawriter ,earth2140,when starting the programs i get a cannot open PowerPC.library v7 press ok and the program doesnt start.

I am using the original PowerPC.library that came with os4.1.

On the other Hand amigawriter ,earth2140 in 68mk work, even Nightlong Freespace Napalm works. I have installed a RADEON HD5450 Gfx Card which i dont think is the Problem.

If anyone else has experienced this and can shed some light maybe im doing something wrong on the Installation.

Many Thanks in Advance
Laurence
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: ppc programs problem with powerpc.library

Post by Petrol »

There is no WarpOS emulation for Sam460 in the powerpc.library. Only classics, Aone SE/XE, pegasos and Sam440 are supported.

Regards,
Petrol
lozspd4

Post by lozspd4 »

Hi Petrol
Thanks for the reply saved me a lot of time trying to figure it out comming from a os4.1 classic system. i wasn,t aware of that. One learns something new every day.:))

Regards
Laurence
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

Why does WarpOS emulation need hardware dependency? Isn't it possible to make a generic library which just wraps WarpOS functions to OS4 functions?
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@thomasrapp
Problem is that powerpc.library is no more in develop as i see, and seems author never will worry about it anymore. So if someone new (by someone i mean ThomasRapp:) ) will write such a new library from scratch and make it opensource, then there is some chances to have better warpos support in end.