Request: PCI-e 1x Support for OS4

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Godfather

Request: PCI-e 1x Support for OS4

Post by Godfather »

Dear Developer,

as known the last AOS 4.1.6 doesn't support the PCI-e 1x port of the sam460 with full I/O.
Is there a date for a new Kernel Update which support the port as a normal port with full I/O ? Last info from dec 2012 say's soon :-(

btw. is it normal that also uboot doesn't see the PCI-e card in the 1x slot with the command "pci" ?

i see only my Raid-Controller and the VGA card. Nothing from the PCI-e 1x slot - try a WLAN card and a GeForce graphics card ? both doesn't shown under uboot with the "pci" and with Ranger under AOS 4.1.6.

Please advise...

Many thanks Godfather
Spectre660

Re: Request: PCI-e 1x Support for OS4

Post by Spectre660 »

The kernel support for the PCI-e x1 slot has been added since last year.
Some Sound cards and PCIEx1 to PCI bridges work.
The slot has to be enable by setting a motherboard jumper and a Uboot setting.
Check your enduser manual for instructions .

use PCI with the bus number to see the other devices.
Like PCI 2
Geforce graphics cards do not work on the Sam boards.
Only Radeons .

Godfather wrote:Dear Developer,

as known the last AOS 4.1.6 doesn't support the PCI-e 1x port of the sam460 with full I/O.
Is there a date for a new Kernel Update which support the port as a normal port with full I/O ? Last info from dec 2012 say's soon :-(

btw. is it normal that also uboot doesn't see the PCI-e card in the 1x slot with the command "pci" ?

i see only my Raid-Controller and the VGA card. Nothing from the PCI-e 1x slot - try a WLAN card and a GeForce graphics card ? both doesn't shown under uboot with the "pci" and with Ranger under AOS 4.1.6.

Please advise...

Many thanks Godfather
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card