Delock PCI Express Sound Card 7.1

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
lozspd4

Delock PCI Express Sound Card 7.1

Post by lozspd4 »

Hi All
Just wanted to Report that the Above Mentioned card works fine with the sam460ex Board under Os4.1 update 6, make sure jumper 16 on the MotherBoard is open before fitting, To set the Card up in AHI First make sure the eny24ht driver is in the Audiomodes Directory in devs: if it not it will proberly be in storage: move it over. If its not there make sure your using update 6 with amiupdate,Same goes for the AHIdriver draw then reboot then open PREFS: AHI ,First of all in Ahi menu under EDIT click on Reset to Defaults THIS IS IMPORTANT to Reduce PROBLEMS BY SETUP.

Select ENVY24HT:HiFi 16bit stereo ++ using first Music Unit set Frequency to 41000 or 48000, then change to unit 0 SET Frequency the same value then set channel to 2, do this for all unit 0-3. Then under Advanced Settings set volume Scaling to Safe,dynamic to reduce clipping in sound when programs try to play with a volume over 0db.

Note That this card can only use sample rates up to 48000Hz no Higher. Then Enjoy reduces cpu usage by 15%ish and costs a fith of what the esi costs OK it can only sample to 48000Hz unless you use a TOP Notch Sound studio/System Thats more then enough.
Any one want to Know where i Ordered it Please PM as im not sure if it would be classed as advertisng here in the forum if i posted the Link.

Im very pleased with the card and everything works what i,ve chucked at it. ok the Mixer doesn,t work but i never used it any way,i got remote for my sound system for the volume.So Know my pciex slot isn,t jealous anymore of the others lol:

Thanks Acube and Os4.1 CREW
Regards Laurence
Interrogative

Re: Delock PCI Express Sound Card 7.1

Post by Interrogative »

Good day,

I set up my Vantec PCIe 7.1 (an Envy24DT) card according to your instructions above. I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set up connected to my card. I only get sound out of the first set of L-R speakers. I have no center/bass or rear speakers working. In addition, the sound is as quiet as earbuds. Is there any way of getting the other speakers working and boosting the volume through AHI prefs?
Motherboard: SAM460ex lite @1017 MHz 2 GB DDR2 SOLD
PCIe 4x: XFX Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition 1 GB SOLD
PCI: SYBA SY-SA3512-2R 2 Port SATA SOLD
PCIe 1x: Vantec UGT-S110 7.1 Audio SOLD
davebraco
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by davebraco »

@ Interrogative
Your card looks pretty similar to mine. I don't think we've already utilities to test channels others than main left/right.
About the quiet sound, if you setup the card correctly in AHI, did you well plugged the cable shown on this picture :
http://www.vantecusa.com/gl/product/sho ... mage/456/2
(Sorry if it seems to be a stupid question)
µA1 256mo SATA -> lend to a dev
A1200PPC 256Mo MediatorTX Radeon9250 SATA RTL8029 SOLO-1
Sam440ep 533mhz 512mo 64Go SSD
Sam460ex 1150mhz 2Go RadeonHD 6570LP ENVY24HT
AmigaOne X1000 4Go SSD R9 270X Catweasel MK4
AmigaOne X5000 -> work in progress
Interrogative

Post by Interrogative »

davebraco wrote:@ Interrogative
Your card looks pretty similar to mine. I don't think we've already utilities to test channels others than main left/right.
About the quiet sound, if you setup the card correctly in AHI, did you well plugged the cable shown on this picture :
Not stupid at all. I had not supplied that information. All but the gray connector is connected (It is a 5.1 speaker system while the card is 7.1).
I recently discovered that I have decent volume in all but the rear speakers when using Tunenet or Amiga AMP. Liveforit MPlayer andSMTube are silent, using only one set of speakers.I guess I will have to contact the authors of those programs to see how they use AHI.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

I get the same "problem" sound on 5:1 sound system that some gave me a while back, stereo srcs only play on the front two speakers and the bass. Note that's driving it from a stereo input or a CD in the built in drive not from a computer.

That makes me think this is the way it works for stereo via 5.1 unless you convert it in software first.
duga

Post by duga »

broadblues wrote:I get the same "problem" sound on 5:1 sound system that some gave me a while back, stereo srcs only play on the front two speakers and the bass. Note that's driving it from a stereo input or a CD in the built in drive not from a computer.

That makes me think this is the way it works for stereo via 5.1 unless you convert it in software first.
Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
Interrogative

Post by Interrogative »

Interrogative wrote:
davebraco wrote:@ Interrogative
Not stupid at all. I had not supplied that information. All but the gray connector is connected (It is a 5.1 speaker system while the card is 7.1).
I recently discovered that I have decent volume in all but the rear speakers when using Tunenet or Amiga AMP. Liveforit MPlayer andSMTube are silent, using only one set of speakers.I guess I will have to contact the authors of those programs to see how they use AHI.
All connected speakers are now working with MPlayer and SMTube. I can only speculate what could have been causing the problem. Perhaps it was how AHI initialized during those sessions? All I know is that it is working now.
davebraco
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by davebraco »

Good to hear to your problem is solved!
µA1 256mo SATA -> lend to a dev
A1200PPC 256Mo MediatorTX Radeon9250 SATA RTL8029 SOLO-1