Usb keyboard problem with Petunia

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
utri007

Usb keyboard problem with Petunia

Post by utri007 »

Seems that many system friendly games has a problem with usb keyboard. Keyboard works only partially.

Examples :

TSOTTM : it possible to turn left/right and shoot, but not a move because A and Q keys doens't work
Payback : Keys work only if game pad is configured with amiga input. Can't understand how this could affect to keyboard??

There are many more examples like those, in fact almost all system friendly 68k games that I have tested. Generally could say that alphapet keys, some of shift / ctrl keys doesn't work. Space, esc, arrow keys and some shift/ctrl keys works.
chris

Re: Usb keyboard problem with Petunia

Post by chris »

utri007 wrote:Seems that many system friendly games has a problem with usb keyboard. Keyboard works only partially.

Examples :

TSOTTM : it possible to turn left/right and shoot, but not a move because A and Q keys doens't work
Payback : Keys work only if game pad is configured with amiga input. Can't understand how this could affect to keyboard??

There are many more examples like those, in fact almost all system friendly 68k games that I have tested. Generally could say that alphapet keys, some of shift / ctrl keys doesn't work. Space, esc, arrow keys and some shift/ctrl keys works.
I'd be tempted to blame lowlevel.library rather than Petunia.
I take it you have the generic keyboard driver showing in AmigaInput and it is enabled?
utri007

Post by utri007 »

chris wrote: I'd be tempted to blame lowlevel.library rather than Petunia.
I take it you have the generic keyboard driver showing in AmigaInput and it is enabled?
You are right, I have a generic keyboard driver, it is showing in AmigaInput and yes it is enabled.

How does lowlevel.library works? Is it used only with 68k programs? I don't have any problems with native PPC apps/games
chris

Post by chris »

utri007 wrote:How does lowlevel.library works? Is it used only with 68k programs? I don't have any problems with native PPC apps/games
I think it's mostly 68k stuff that uses it. Newer code uses AmigaInput directly.

I spoke at length with the author of ASp regarding various OS4 lowlevel.library problems. IIRC there was a keyboard problem there too, but I can't remember the details. I thought it had been reported and fixed ages ago, but maybe not.

I've found some discussion which must have occurred afterwards, from 2007. I probably have the details in YAM, it has either bypassed or pre-dates my GMail account.
chris

Post by chris »

Just realised I never looked for this. Unfortunately I seem to be missing some emails about it, however I did find the following:
> From Detlef on the OS4-invite list:
>
>> Does the OS4 lowlevel.library support the rawkey generator -
>> SystemControlA() SCON_AddCreateKeys?
>
> No, it doesnt, the tag does nothing. Reported as BZ #2899.
No idea whether that has been fixed yet, or whether it is the cause of your problems - from the AutoDoc it looks like it is supposed to convert joystick events to RawKey codes, so probably not.