Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.

Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

Postby Everblue » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:47 pm

I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Now the problem lies with the fact that the Sam460CR does not have any on-board videocard. So, assuming that the latest A-EON Radeon drivers are not included on the CD, how would one go around installing Amiga OS4.1 AND getting a video output from the 5450 video card?

Thanks in advance!
Everblue

Re: Sam460CR + OS4.1 Final Edition question!

Postby Raziel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 am

Everblue wrote:I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Now the problem lies with the fact that the Sam460CR does not have any on-board videocard. So, assuming that the latest A-EON Radeon drivers are not included on the CD, how would one go around installing Amiga OS4.1 AND getting a video output from the 5450 video card?

Thanks in advance!

The Radeon HD driver v1.2 will be on the CD
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~ Sir Paul McCartney
-
Did everything just taste purple for a second? ~ Philip J. Fry
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr. John Zoidberg
Raziel

Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains

Postby HKvalhe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 am

Raziel wrote:
Everblue wrote:I am waiting to purchase a Sam460CR, which my wild guess, is that it will come bundled with the OS4.1 Final Edition disc. I will be building my own system (probably) with a 5450 video card.

Thanks in advance!

The Radeon HD driver v1.2 will be on the CD

That's great! Where will we be able to buy the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? I guess AmigaKit, right? :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
HKvalhe

Postby Spectre660 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:40 am

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/vie ... =33#743577

amigakit wrote

@Everblue @Spectre660

Hello

The RadeonHD 1.2 is a free upgrade for customers who have bought v1 from us.

It is not included in the Final Edition. We recently commissioned a new Lite Edition of the RadeonHD driver.

We are working with ACube/Hyperion currently to enable a Lite Edition of the RadeonHD for emergency boot purposes of the AmigaOS CD.

Nothing "murky" here- sorry- cannot understand your comment.

@everblue

Forgot to add that RadeonHD supports selected 5000, 6000, 7000 and R5, R7, R9 cards: see Amiwest Press Release for more detail:

http://www.a-eon.biz/PDF/News_Release_RadeonHD24.pdf

Spectre660

Postby Everblue » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:53 am

This is fantastic news, and I guess, explains the Sam460CR as my guess is that it will be bundled with the system/motherboard. Kudos to Amigakit and everyone else involved.
Everblue

Postby Raziel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Actually i have to adapt my answer above a little.

According to AmigaKit on this AmigaWorld.net thread the Radeon v1.2 driver will not be on the FE CD.

Rather a stripped down version is in production to give new users the ability to boot from the CD

AmigaKit in the AW.net thread

It is not included in the Final Edition. We recently commissioned a new Lite Edition of the RadeonHD driver.

We are working with ACube/Hyperion currently to enable a Lite Edition of the RadeonHD for emergency boot purposes of the AmigaOS CD.
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~ Sir Paul McCartney
-
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr. John Zoidberg
Raziel

Postby HKvalhe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Raziel wrote:Actually i have to adapt my answer above a little.

According to AmigaKit on this AmigaWorld.net thread the Radeon v1.2 driver will not be on the FE CD.

Rather a stripped down version is in production to give new users the ability to boot from the CD

AmigaKit in the AW.net thread

It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
HKvalhe

Postby Raziel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm

HKvalhe wrote:It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)

No.

2.4 will be sold seperately through AmiStore once available

More can be found in the ress release
-
-
Raziel

Postby HKvalhe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Raziel wrote:
HKvalhe wrote:It's surely going to be great anyway :) I assume it's the 2.4 version of RadeonHD that will be on the AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition CD? Probably a wild guess. I might be wrong. :)

No.

2.4 will be sold seperately through AmiStore once available

More can be found in the ress release

Great! Looking forward to it :) Now i understand better. Thanks! :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
HKvalhe

Postby Everblue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am

So the 'lite' version WILL be included on OS4.1 FE disc, right?
Everblue

Next

Return to Platform: AmigaOne 500 and Sam series