Single slot graphics cards?

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Niolator

Single slot graphics cards?

Post by Niolator »

I have been looking for a single slot graphics card to replace my HD 4650 which I think is a little slow. Now that final edition of AmigaOS 4.1 utilizes more advanced graphics the need has increased. As you know you need to use a single slot graphics card in SAM 460's. I was wondering if anyone has got any tip on cards I can use?
Spectre660

Re: Single slot graphics cards?

Post by Spectre660 »

If you are looking for power and compatibility with warp3d for RadeonHD as well as Linux then look for a Radeon HD 6570 or HD 6670.
These may be a bit hard to find single slot versions though.
Performance of a gddr3 Radeon HD 6670
http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxbench ... esult/1209
Performance of a gddr3 Radeon HD 6570
http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxbench ... esult/1195

If you want raw power then a Radeon HD7750. I have a couple of the model linked below and they work on the Sam460ex
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814129263
Performance
http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxbench ... esult/1497

Another option is to liberate yourself from the single slot bottleneck .
http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... 649#p30113
Performance of a RadeonHd 6670 GDDR5 dual slot card
http://hdrlab.org.nz/benchmark/gfxbench ... esult/1515

Niolator wrote:I have been looking for a single slot graphics card to replace my HD 4650 which I think is a little slow. Now that final edition of AmigaOS 4.1 utilizes more advanced graphics the need has increased. As you know you need to use a single slot graphics card in SAM 460's. I was wondering if anyone has got any tip on cards I can use?
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

Thanks. The HD 6570 and 6670 cards are interesting. HD 7750 is rather expensive.
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

...sadly, they are not available in Sweden and I don't want to pay huge amounts of money on postage. I guess I'll have to settle with what I have got.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

You may be able to see if AmigaKit can get you one.
Niolator wrote:...sadly, they are not available in Sweden and I don't want to pay huge amounts of money on postage. I guess I'll have to settle with what I have got.
Niolator

Post by Niolator »

It's an option but I think I'll wait until X5000 arrives. Hopefully I will afford one and I have a full size graphics card waiting for it.
Interrogative

Post by Interrogative »

Good day,

For a few years, I used a PCI riser card like the one mentioned above, with my dual slot HD 4850. Recently, I ditched the riser card in favor of a Thermalright HR-03 GT wrap around cooler for my graphics card. It keeps the card very cool and opens up the PCI slot.
Motherboard: SAM460ex lite @1017 MHz 2 GB DDR2 SOLD
PCIe 4x: XFX Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition 1 GB SOLD
PCI: SYBA SY-SA3512-2R 2 Port SATA SOLD
PCIe 1x: Vantec UGT-S110 7.1 Audio SOLD
Interrogative

Post by Interrogative »

Interrogative wrote:Good day,

For a few years, I used a PCI riser card like the one mentioned above, with my dual slot HD 4850. Recently, I ditched the riser card in favor of a Thermalright HR-03 GT wrap around cooler for my graphics card. It keeps the card very cool and opens up the PCI slot.
I recently used my PCI riser card along with U-Boot 2015. The new U-Boot did not recognize the riser card. If you have a PCI riser card, have updated U-Boot, and it can't find FLB or SLB, try removing your riser card.
Motherboard: SAM460ex lite @1017 MHz 2 GB DDR2 SOLD
PCIe 4x: XFX Radeon HD 7750 Core Edition 1 GB SOLD
PCI: SYBA SY-SA3512-2R 2 Port SATA SOLD
PCIe 1x: Vantec UGT-S110 7.1 Audio SOLD
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Interrogative wrote:
Interrogative wrote:Good day,

I recently used my PCI riser card along with U-Boot 2015. The new U-Boot did not recognize the riser card. If you have a PCI riser card, have updated U-Boot, and it can't find FLB or SLB, try removing your riser card.
Slightly off-topic but i get the impression that the new UBoot update is not as promising as once suspected, as it seems to have some great issues, like multiple key repeat and incompatibility with many keyboards and mice, and not knowing add-on cards like a Riser card. And it didn't become better to CHARGE users to pay for a failed update of UBoot.

That's quite suggestive, isn't it? However, i hope this serious issue with new UBoot will be addressed. It certainly can't keep like this. I assume ACube might be quite embarrashed about doing this kind of mistake, and it is a serious mistake that can cause them to loose customers and not receiving new customers if they do not learn from this mistake.

An update to BIOS like Uboot is very, very important. Probably the MOST important update to have for your own system. I think that speaks for itself. Hopefully, a solution is coming.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

A riser card like that is just an extension cable so I am sure that the problem is a loose connection or incorrect uboot setting.
I have no problems with the new Uboot and my PCIE riser .