Keyboard and mouse problem

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
1mouse

Re: Keyboard and mouse problem

Post by 1mouse »

Just tried that and it wants me to assign T: for the USB Stack Process. No idea where T: is :cry:
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

't:' is typically 'Ram:T/'

that's the default setup by the startup sequence you can actually put where ever you like but in this case best thing to do is the same as the startup sequence

MakeDir Ram:T
assign T: ram:T
mpiva

Post by mpiva »

ChrisH wrote: Please note that I recently fixed my instructions, so my post is now correct.
I just tried your fixed instructions with only partial success. With EHCI disabled, I now have a properly functioning mouse when I boot without startup-sequence. However, as soon as I try it with ECHI enabled, I'm still left with a nonfunctioning mouse or keyboard.
1mouse

Post by 1mouse »

I've just deleted bootmouse and bootkeyboard and added hid.usdfd and no joy, mouse mouse is still frozen.

Do you know anyone with a Sam440ep with Radeon 9250 with a working kicklayout and if so could I have a copy?
alfkil

Post by alfkil »

Just wanted to say, that I have also problems with a logitech M310 wireless mouse connected to my sam via a standard wired Apple keyboard (with two extra USB's). It always worked with update 2, and it still works most of the time, but sometimes the mouse is locked or it only has Y-axis movement, or the Keyboard doesn't work. Usually I can just unplug and replug either one and it will work.

What is all this with kicklayout changes?? Is there a bug in the update 3 installer or what is the reason for this??
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

alfkil wrote:What is all this with kicklayout changes?? Is there a bug in the update 3 installer or what is the reason for this??
There is no error in the Update 3 kicklayout.

One of the problems is that bootmouse and bootkeyboard tend to keep control of your devices. You can see what is in control with USBInspector. As a workaround, some are opting to mess around with kicklayout and disable them.

With Update 4 the problem has been resolved (I hope!) and the installer will clobber any kicklayout changes you made after making a backup.
ExecSG Team Lead