My system built to be terminated...

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: My system built to be terminated...

Post by LyleHaze »

It was however discovered recently that I was delivered an Amiga built to be terminated. An unfinished Amiga with very limited stuffs and buggy system created to terminate itself.
One of them probably Chris Handley whom created Amisystemrestore for reasons I don't remember. I was to be hacked these soon 4 years as a revenge against me.
Care to explain?
I'm not trying to accuse anyone.
Hi Helge.

I think you may have typed a wrong address into your browser.
If you look up near the top of the browser screen, you'll see a line that begins with "http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz"
A bit below that, if you look closely, you'll see "Board index < AmigaOS support"

You have been posting in the AmigaOS support forums. As best I can tell from the previous posts, you seem to believe that GGS and Chris Handley are conspiring with other companies to cheat you.
Now, to be honest, I don't believe it for a second. But even if I did, this is an OS support forum, and is not associated with GGS or Chris Handley in any way that I am aware of.

So, I suggest you take your complaint to the people you are accusing of wrongdoing, instead of posting here, in a completely off-topic forum.

have nothing more to say...
I wish I could believe that too, but so far it hasn't happened.
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Hi Lyle.

Well I know it's a support forum and I don't expect any to believe what was discovered. But it is what I told. My brother found the information not me. He borrowed my Amiga because I wanted to take a break from it. So he found that information.

That's all I know. I reacted in the same way you're doing to me now. But my brother is no liar..

It's all very strange. We can agree on that. But it did happen...However it's my brother whom could not access the net in any way. I however can, which is ironic as it was believed I was to be the target for hacking. It's all true. I'm sorry...

I have sent email to both Chris Handley and Gunne Steen to find out what exactly happened. At least it's a fair and correct thing to do...

Another thing is that I truly have given up the Amiga. It is long dead and will never become a serious platform. Not even able to ever connect any printer to copy, fax, print and scan. Photo is my hobby and it would be nice to print out photos with Amiga. Unfortunately with AmigaOS, this is not possible and won't likely ever be. Both Hyperion and many others have made it pretty clear that Amiga will never become a serious platform on the pair with PC and Mac. Pity but true.

So I'm forced to use a normal computer platform for my work. That will be all...
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Prober
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Prober »

HKvalhe wrote:Another thing is that I truly have given up the Amiga. It is long dead and will never become a serious platform. Not even able to ever connect any printer to copy, fax, print and scan. Photo is my hobby and it would be nice to print out photos with Amiga. Unfortunately with AmigaOS, this is not possible and won't likely ever be.
So again. Drivers for your printer ask directly from the manufacturer. Or buys a printer that is already supported in AmigaOS. Or do you expect that Hyperion creates a drivers directly for your printer? For each printer on the market?
HKvalhe wrote:Both Hyperion and many others have made it pretty clear that Amiga will never become a serious platform on the pair with PC and Mac. Pity but true.
And this is the fault of Hyperion? No, this is the fault of the management of Commodore in 1994. If you are serious, then you're either crazy or a dreamer. Hyperion still doing a great job and many thanks to him for that. Anyone can criticize.

You're leaving for more than a year... So finally decide what ever you want, you're a grown man.
Pegasos II, G4 7447 / 1266MHz, 2048MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, HDD 2x360GB, ZIP250 USB, USB floppy, HP LaserJet 1100, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

I got a HPOfficejet 6820 for my X1000 at christmas
I installed the HPphotosmart driver from OS4depot and connected the printer over usb to my X1000. Printing with AmiPDF,MultviewerNG, Gimp and Abiword works well. Scanning works well too. The printer have an USB port for USB Stick, You can scan directly on the USB Stick as PDF or JPEG etc. The USB stick is permanently displayed at the WB. i have full access at the files and can use them in Gimp or Abiword etc to work at them.
Happy christmas :D
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
jdupuis

Post by jdupuis »

HKvalhe wrote:
Well I know it's a support forum and I don't expect any to believe what was discovered. But it is what I told. My brother found the information not me. He borrowed my Amiga because I wanted to take a break from it. So he found that information.

That's all I know. I reacted in the same way you're doing to me now. But my brother is no liar..

It's all very strange. We can agree on that. But it did happen...However it's my brother whom could not access the net in any way. I however can, which is ironic as it was believed I was to be the target for hacking. It's all true. I'm sorry...

I have sent email to both Chris Handley and Gunne Steen to find out what exactly happened. At least it's a fair and correct thing to do...

Another thing is that I truly have given up the Amiga. It is long dead and will never become a serious platform. Not even able to ever connect any printer to copy, fax, print and scan. Photo is my hobby and it would be nice to print out photos with Amiga. Unfortunately with AmigaOS, this is not possible and won't likely ever be. Both Hyperion and many others have made it pretty clear that Amiga will never become a serious platform on the pair with PC and Mac. Pity but true.

So I'm forced to use a normal computer platform for my work. That will be all...
I'm reminded of the song here: "Paranoia Will Distroy Ya!" :o Sounds like you're Rx prescription dosage needs adjusting. ;)
I have an HP 6520. Can use the EPrint feature to send docs via the printer's email address. I can only speak for myself when I say that most of my true work is done on PC or Mac. I'm awaiting AOS4.2 just like, I think, everyone else is here. If someone is that revengeful and/or curious enough to "hack" into your Amiga, they must be bored and have a lot of time on their hands. What are they going to take? Lemmings? XadMaster.lib? M.A.C.E. Demo? :lol:
Helge, get a grip. By the way,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! You and the Amiga go way back. You won't leave. You can't. It's not in your make-up.

Cheers!!
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

I was pointed to this thread... I find it rather saddening that someone should publically accusing me of "hacking" them, rather than discussing it privately first. (I did later receive an email from Helge about this topic, it appears sent after this thread was started, and even worse he made no mention of this thread at all.)

For the record let me clearly state that (1) as far as I recall Helgis never upset me (let alone "angered" me), and (2) I certainly never took any nasty actions against Helgis ("hacking" or otherwise).

@Raziel
You aren't helping the situation, and in fact seem to be making it far worse :-( .
HKvalhe wrote:I was delivered an Amiga built to be terminated. An unfinished Amiga with very limited stuffs and buggy system created to terminate itself. I bought it three years ago from GGSData in Sweden. ... It would seem that I have angered some in the Amiga world. One of them probably Chris Handley whom created Amisystemrestore for reasons I don't remember.
So according to you, you are guessing that you angered me for reasons that you don't remember & don't have any records of? i.e. You have nothing to indicate that you angered me, and just imagine it might have happened? i.e. No facts at all.
My brother doesn't know about computing and hardly about the Amiga. I however do...
So your brother has no computing know-how, yet he was able to discover "hacking" that for 3+ years you failed to notice, despite you claiming to know more about the Amiga than him? How does that make any kind of sense?
I might try to explain what information my brother found, but after the freeze, he doesn't remember where he obtained the information from.
Again, more "facts" that don't exist anywhere, except someone's head. No way to check if your brother is spouting uneducated nonsense (as I strongly suspect he is).
Instead my brother was hacked because he promised to find the hackers and destroy them at any cost.
Your brother knows nothing about computers, yet promises to find hackers and destroy them? Maybe I should promise to win the Olympics, despite not being any good at sport?
I don't really think a person like Chris Handley had any reason to be angry at me at such a level to make agreement with companies and persons to build and deliver an Amiga to terminate itself in the end.
Then why did you accuse me in public? Do *you* have some vendetta against me? Slandering me in public could be interpreted that way.
Last edited by ChrisH on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

HKvalhe wrote:It's no paranoia. These things actually happened
Paranoia is when you take a few unrelated facts, imagine they are all related, and start dreaming-up grand schemes against you personally. Unfortunately these postings of yours (as they currently stand) do seem to match that description.
Last edited by ChrisH on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Raziel wrote:I'm a mere user myself, i can't code, i told you that at least TEN times, but you just don't listen.
HKvalhe wrote:It doesn't matter what you believe, Raziel. You always proved a classical phenomen of developers know everything better than users, and your replies prove exactly that.
Raziel already TOLD you that he is NOT a developer, but rather a simple user like you. Hence (some of) his frustration that you keep claiming he is a developer.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Guys, please give Helgis some slack. He has problems (not technical) and those that know about them are prepared to accept that sometimes he seems less lucid than otherwise.

He can't help his occasional flits of fancy or paranoia and I'm sure that we can all forgive the occasional lapse. Hey, it could be you - or me, even.

Give it a rest.
cheers
tony
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

I had a nice talk with Chris on email and he told me he would never do such a thing. As I remember myself we never had a vendetta and always considered each other as friends. As him I too am sorry that it was thought such a thing of a friend like him. I apologize because my brother jumped to such faulty conclusion.

I don't even think I was the target for being hacked, but rather my brother. He probably finds it hard to admit that he gets confused with what he reads, because he doesn't understand computers. It's like trying to teach an old stubborn dog new tricks...

And no, I don't expect anything from Hyperion anymore. They had many changes to prove themselves and no matter how hard they and their developers have worked for many, many years and still are, they have proved they are not able to bring AmigaOS on the pair with these systems the main computer industry use, nor even implement important functions like that of proper printer support. Amiga is still stuck into early 90-ies technology, completely ignored by the computer industry.

So this concludes I have given up the Amiga. As for printer support, the only one seem to be some HP printers, but the problem is that many might have other type of printers like Canon Pixma, Lexus, Samsung or others. It's good for you with HP printer to be able to use AmigaOS. Still because of AmigaOS's great limitations, things are rather done far complicated than on other systems being fully supported by the main computer industry...

Thank you for the email Chris and to clarify this situation :) And I apologize for my brother for coming up with such. Take care my friend :)

And for Raziel. Yes, he doesn't improve on the situation with what he says. It's not helping any...
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio