SAM460: 90% of the time crashes during soft-reset

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
djrikki

Re: SAM460: 90% of the time crashes during soft-reset

Post by djrikki »

Touch wood, I've never had any major problems with my SAM 460, its only a year old next month. I think once the sound drivers are finalised, hans concludes work on the Radeon HD drivers and 4.2 is out of the woods hopefully this will just fade away.

Can't wait for 4.2 and Timberwolf to be complete - this is gonna be a huge milestone reached in the AmigaOS's long illustrious history.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: SAM460: 90% of the time crashes during soft-reset

Post by nbache »

xenic wrote:Even though newer computer cables like SATA & power cables are easier to insert and remove, they don't seem to make connections as reliable as older ribbon and power cables.
You can get SATA cables with little snap locks on the plugs; I can recommend those, they make a much more secure connection. I used to have similar problems in my Sam460ex, where my HDD sits vertically, and the cable made some semi-sharp bends. After putting in the cable with locks, I havent had any problems. I now use them in several of my machines.

I'm not sure if similar solutions are available for the power cables, but those never gave me such problems here.

Best regards,

Niels