Gigabit ethernet port

This forum is for Pegasos II specific issues.
Bender

Gigabit ethernet port

Post by Bender »

Hello!

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I couldn´t find a clear answer, only a mention on this thread. Are there plans to provide a driver for the Gigabit ethernet port on the Pegasos II?

Thanks!
magnetic

Re: Gigabit ethernet port

Post by magnetic »

I doubt there will be a driver written for the GigE on peg2. They have all the amiga ng hardware to work on for drivers...

I wish because I used to run my peg2 with the GigE but now back down to 100 port..
Prober
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Prober »

It does not matter. TCP/IP stack is not able to work with Gbit network. Tested with Realtek RTL8169.
Pegasos II, G4 7447 / 1266MHz, 2048MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, HDD 2x360GB, ZIP250 USB, USB floppy, HP LaserJet 1100, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
fairdinkem

Post by fairdinkem »

I really wish the AmigaOS development team would colaborate with MorphOS Team to port the gigabit ethernet lan driver to AmigaOS.
Pegasos 2 1GHZ G4 AmigaOS 4.1.6
Stephen Robinson
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Stephen Robinson »

The Gigabit ethernet port isn't supported by MorphOS either is it?
Near at hand is your forgetting all; near, too, all forgetting you.
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

fairdinkem wrote:I really wish the AmigaOS development team would colaborate with MorphOS Team to port the gigabit ethernet lan driver to AmigaOS.
You are more than welcome to stump up some funds to help such cooperation on it's way.

It looks very unlikely to me that any closed sources will be released to the "other" party no matter which way you spin it. The love is just not there between the two products. While it would help both teams out, it seems mostly unlikely.

Money is always a good driving force though, so perhaps it's time to help it along....

Simon
sailorMH

Post by sailorMH »

Stephen Robinson wrote:The Gigabit ethernet port isn't supported by MorphOS either is it?
Gigabit port on Pegasos 2 is supported by MorphOS, Debian and NetBSD.
I use on my Peg2 both ports: 1G for MOS, Debian and NetBSD and 100k for AmigaOS. With different IP addresses.
Without problems, and I understand, that develop a driver for AOS is waste of time, there are a lot of things to do :-)
Micro A1-C (G3/1.2 GHz), AmigaOne XE (G4/1.4 GHz), Pegasos II (G4/1.33 GHz), Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Powerbook, Mac Mini (1.83 GHz), iMac, Powermac Quad

AmigaOS, MorphOS, linux, MacOS X
tlosmx
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by tlosmx »

.. for me the 100mbit is sufficient for browsing and Lan things... i don't know why people need 1gbit ... and for do what?
if i have to make a choice i will prefer a better implementation/compatibility with some agp cards not fully supported right now...
...but yes there are many many things to do in road map
AmigaOne Xe 933 mhz Radeon 9000pro Samsung 840 SSD
Pegasos2 1266mhz Radeon 9800pro Verbatib Sata3 SSD
Sam 460ex Lite 2gb Ram , Radeon 6670,Toshiba 500gb Sata/HDD
Amiga Cd32 / Amiga 600 / Amiga 500 / Amiga CDtv/ Amiga 4000 / Amiga 1200 /Amiga 2000 and many many many z3 Boards