Warp3d and AHI problem on Pegasos 2?

This forum is for Pegasos II specific issues.
dh1

Warp3d and AHI problem on Pegasos 2?

Post by dh1 »

Hi all!

Please help!

I have a Pegasos2 NG Amiga computer.
Pega2 G4 74xx Apollo 999 Mhz + 1024 mbyte RAM
On OS4.1FE (all latest patch installed), there are problems with Warp3D and sound!
BUT! Also on this machine under MOS 3.11 is all good!
So no HW error! But then what could be the problem ?!
See Youtube Videos, please! Changing the AHI settings does not help!
There is an EMU10K sound card in the machine, but the problem remains!
Any idea?! Thx!

OS4 video: https://youtu.be/D2Eb9RQFTBw
MOS video: https://youtu.be/J8pa73-3d_o

A another video, OS4 Wings Battlefield... the problem remains!

https://youtu.be/ObYQ72ZfKXA

Sorry bad videos!
dh1

Re: Warp3d and AHI problem on Pegasos 2?

Post by dh1 »

Hyperion, would you react?
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

Sorry, but you out of luck there. Its very well known issue on pegasos2 / amigaos4. It was reported many-many times by different users including myself. It happens since very first release of amigaos for pegasos.

Bugreport is created in amigaos bugzilla, and few developers trying to find and fix the problem, but it never reach final point. Does not remember if it even was find which roots of issue are.

Edit: ah, found that you already report that few years ago on amigans.net, and the same answers was giving to you already.
Prober
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Prober »

Which is not exactly the answer that would make you happy...
This problem has been bothering me for many years. Basically, 3D applications and games cannot be used on the Pegasos II platform.
Maybe you'll be happy that the problem is not present on the X1000 and X5000 platform. So, Pegasos II is too old, buy X5000 ;)
Pegasos II, G4 7447 / 1266MHz, 2048MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, HDD 2x360GB, ZIP250 USB, USB floppy, HP LaserJet 1100, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

I can't remember hearing that beeping sound from my pegasos so i guess it works for me and my combination of card and revisions.
I mostly used it without any speakers connected/running so i might have just missed it.
A quiet computer is a good computer ;)
My machine had one of the better motherboard revisions and was running with some EMU10K sound card and Radeon9000 PRO agp gfx.

ATM it has some hw issues that prevents it from booting up correctly and i have upgraded to the X5k so getting it up and running just to check has a low priority but i hope to be able to confirm or deny it someday in the future :)
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

My Pegasos is up and running again and i also have those audio glitches but they are not very common.
I had to play wings battlefield for a couple of minutes before i heard the glitch.
I have my cpu slightly overclocked, maybe that helps?
What demo is it in your video?