Post by gbudny »

Hi

Where can I buy Sin for Linux?
vox

Re: Sin for Linux

Post by vox »

gbudny wrote:Hi

Not listed for sale anywhere, even Hyperion was supposed to do that and AmigaOS port.

As far as I remember they claimed they have PPC Linux port of it, as well as of Gorky 17 (maybe Shogo too)
but never put any on sale.
vox

Post by vox »

Last state of AmigaOS port was
http://hol.abime.net/1950

Game is nearly complete, but Hyperion is waiting for sufficient amounts of PPC hardware to be sold before finishing and releasing it (Nov. 2000).

x86 port is mentioned here http://hyperion-entertainment.biz/index ... in?start=1

So its Hyperion you should contact, good luck!
gbudny

Post by gbudny »

vox wrote:

Not listed for sale anywhere, even Hyperion was supposed to do that and AmigaOS port.

As far as I remember they claimed they have PPC Linux port of it, as well as of Gorky 17 (maybe Shogo too)
but never put any on sale.
Thanks for the answer.

These games were published many years ago.

Titan Computer published Shogo and Sin for Linux in 2001, and LGP published Gorky 17 for Linux in 2006.

I found someone who sold me Sin for Linux, and now, I try to find Shogo for Mac PPC because this is the only game that I do not have.

I can confirm that Hyperion ported Sin, and Gorky 17 to Linux PPC, and I found these versions on the CDs with the games.
Unfortunately, Shogo wasn't ported to Linux PPC because I checked the CD with the game.

I hope that someone from Hyperion will read this post because it will be nice to have patches for all three games for Linux and the port of Shogo for Mac (Intel)

Gorky 17 (Linux x86/PPC)
Sin (Linux x86/PPC)
Shogo (Linux/Mac PPC)

I want to inform you that Titan Computer and LGP are probably closed. Additionally, LGP in 2009 decided to abandon all the games for Linux PPC, and you are the only company who can create patches for these games.