GA_HintInfo in getfont.gadget?

This forum is for general developer support questions.
blmara

GA_HintInfo in getfont.gadget?

Post by blmara »

Hi,

as I told in another topic (http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =26&t=2783), I've installed helphints to my application with WINDOW_GadgetHelp,TRUE and using GA_HintInfo in the window gadgets. Unlike other gadgets, the getfont.gadget doesn't output the hint even if the autodoc confirms that the GA_HintInfo tag is available. My code snippet:

Code: Select all

LAYOUT_AddChild,pinfo->gads[PGAD_STAFFNAMEFONT] = IIntuition->NewObject(GetFontClass,NULL,
	GA_ID,PGAD_STAFFNAMEFONT,
	GA_HintInfo,NGetstring(MSG_PIECEGAD_STAFFNAMEFONT_HINT),
	GA_RelVerify,TRUE,
	GA_TabCycle,TRUE,
	GETFONT_DoCharSet,TRUE,
	GETFONT_DoStyle,TRUE,
TAG_DONE),
CHILD_WeightedHeight,0,
SGLabel(NGetstring(MSG_PIECEGAD_STAFFNAMEFONT)),
I can see that also CodeBench Preferences-Edit window won't show hints for getfont/getscreenmode.gadget, but AOS 4.1 Font Preferences shows them. What am I doing wrong here?

Marko
Marko
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: GA_HintInfo in getfont.gadget?

Post by Rigo »

Yes, that looks like it could be my fault. After checking the sources after your report, it appears I never implamemnted the OM_SET on the GA_HintInfo tag, so trying to set the string will be always ignored.

My bad!

It's fixed now for version 53.10+. Hopefully, it will be available in a public update soon.

Simon
blmara

Post by blmara »

Rigo wrote:Yes, that looks like it could be my fault. After checking the sources after your report, it appears I never implamemnted the OM_SET on the GA_HintInfo tag, so trying to set the string will be always ignored.

My bad!

It's fixed now for version 53.10+. Hopefully, it will be available in a public update soon.

Simon
Great, waiting for that! I still wonder what the Font preferences editor does, it shows the hints. As does Screens preferences editor.

Marko
Marko
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

I'm guessing they are button gadgets using the getfont glyph, instead of using the getfont gadget directly. Obviously, the button.ghadget accepts GA_Hintinfo correctly.

Simon