How to read status from Ethernet interface

This forum is for general developer support questions.
duga

How to read status from Ethernet interface

Post by duga »

I know how to read the speed, but how do I check duplex and negotiation on an ethernet interface? In first hand for the Sam440ep-Flex machine.
javierdlr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: How to read status from Ethernet interface

Post by javierdlr »

duga

Post by duga »

Thank you. Actually that's the program I'm currently enhancing and is partly the reason for my question.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Try looking here:
http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/SANA-II_Revision_7

If you still can't find anything we'll need to bother Olaf (Roadshow) to find out what he did.
ExecSG Team Lead
duga

Post by duga »

ssolie wrote:Try looking here:
http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/SANA-II_Revision_7

If you still can't find anything we'll need to bother Olaf (Roadshow) to find out what he did.
I just did 20 seconds before reading your message. :)

But unfortunately it doesn't mention duplex or auto-negotiation. I guess the driver should (and probably is) take care of it, but the SANA stuff should be able to at least display settings if not being able to configure it.

I guess Olaf is the first to talk to and maybe second, Acube.
Cyborg
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Cyborg »

All this - Duplex and AutoNeg - is done at driver level. The TCP/IP stack and also no other software has any idea about this. There is also no way to get that information from the driver, at least not an officially defined way, so if a driver provides this, it is a private extension to that specific driver.
Please contact support@hyperion-entertainment.com rather than trying to send PMs to me. Thanks! :)
duga

Post by duga »

Cyborg wrote:All this - Duplex and AutoNeg - is done at driver level. The TCP/IP stack and also no other software has any idea about this. There is also no way to get that information from the driver, at least not an officially defined way, so if a driver provides this, it is a private extension to that specific driver.
Okay, thanks. You may see it as a feature request then. ;)
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

duga wrote:
Cyborg wrote:All this - Duplex and AutoNeg - is done at driver level. The TCP/IP stack and also no other software has any idea about this. There is also no way to get that information from the driver, at least not an officially defined way, so if a driver provides this, it is a private extension to that specific driver.
Okay, thanks. You may see it as a feature request then. ;)
Ah good. We do need more people to help work on the SANA-II standard. Welcome aboard! ;-)
ExecSG Team Lead