EasyRequestArgs: "Do not remind me again"

This forum is for general developer support questions.
Deniil

EasyRequestArgs: "Do not remind me again"

Post by Deniil »

The EasyRequestArgs should be extended such to make it possible to add a checkmark for for example "Do not remind me again".

All OSes have this feature, except AmigaOS. The EasyRequestArgs is too primitive. It should be extended to prevent programmers from having to write a custom ReAction requester just to be able to add this checkmark. Doesn't it already support a taglist??! It should trivial to add a specific tag like "EASYTAG_CHECKMARK,TRUE" and a text or whatever and a long* where to store the result.

Since it is **Easy**RequestArgs it doesn't need 5 years of engineering and design to make the perfect API. Just add a specific tag only to add this one checkmark and that's it. Doesn't have to be flexible and accept BOOPSI object or anything, that's what the full featured RA requester is for. Make it simple and make it happen for update 4 (and I mean 4.1 update 4, not OS5 update 4 ;-)). (Yes that last part was just a joke..)
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: EasyRequestArgs: "Do not remind me again"

Post by tonyw »

I've added an Enhancement Request to the long list of requests for Intuition.library.

BZ #7347.
cheers
tony